The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Auto to manual conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Carnes

Probationary Member
Jun 2, 2018
franklin, New_Jersey
I have a 98 gs hatch and i want to make it a manual need a parts list and general how to go about it. New to front wheel drive tranny conversions so info and tips would be greatly apreciated

You asked about how to go about it ... honestly the easiest way is going to be to pull the engine and go from there. You'll have much better access to the firewall and some the holes you have to cut. You could do it with the engine in the car, but if you have the means to pull the motor I think that will be a much better approach.

I would tell you make sure that the trans you get has been tested and ask how many miles are on the car and make sure if your buying it from a private person to bring a friend with you so no funny business will happen. I would go to ( car-part.com ) they test and usually give some kind of warranty. Oh yeah you will need a an ECM for the manual trans setup.

Godspeed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back