The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Auto-dimming mirror conversion: Part 2 Wire Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Continued from: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...-auto-dimming-mirror-conversion-part-1-a.html

Auto-dimming mirror conversion for 2G DSMs:​
Part 2: Wiring the Unit​

Tonight I finally started working on the wiring for my auto-dim rear view mirror. I've been itching to do this for the past couple days, but kept getting distracted by other things. But it is now figured out and is fully functional.

So let's get started:
I searched on a website known as ShopKey5 for the 300M auto-dim mirror wire schematic and came up with this diagram, which I took pics of and cropped them together.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Don't be intimidated with the diagram though. You're only going to be using 2 wires; the Black w/LT green stripe wire (ground), and the Black w/DK blue stripe wire (fused ignition {run-start}). The only other wire we can use on our cars is the Violet w/black stripe (reverse lamp feed), but I haven't yet found info on what exactly it hooks to on vehicles that have this system standard. I do know its' purpose is to un-dim at night when the vehicle is in reverse so you can see clearer. I have never had an issue with my stock mirror being dimmed while backing up though, so I don't see this as a problem.

I chose to use my power mirror power supply for this mirror. The light green w/black stripe wire is the ignition source for the mirror controls. Since I was there, I'm also using the mirror control ground wire too. It's the solid black wire, NOT the black w/yellow stripe wire.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Once those are connected, route your wire harness up to the rear view mirror and plug it into the back. The mirror will now be powered once you turn the ignition on and it comes on automatically. You can then turn the mirror off with its' off button if you desire.

Here's a video I took to show it functioning. It gets darker than it appears in the video, but this is just to show that it does indeed work. Enjoy....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8F5kuZQSpeU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back