The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G ATI Damper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoCanes777

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2010
Tamarac, Florida
Hello everyone,

Recently started breaking in my built motor and noticed my ATI damper and power steering pumps belts are getting thrown off by a few grooves. I have the alternator in the OEM location and after market pulleys on the power steering and alternator. I came across the thread explaining the belt sizes if you run the alternator relocation kit not sure if that will solve my problem.

Anyone else experience this ?

If I'm not mistaking the ATI is a press on dampener, aka it has to be pressed or pull itself up on to the crank all the way, it kind of sounds like it might not be all the way back on the crankshaft snub.

If I'm not mistaking the ATI is a press on dampener, aka it has to be pressed or pull itself up on to the crank all the way, it kind of sounds like it might not be all the way back on the crankshaft snub.
How could any dampener be press on? On a 4g63 you tighten the bolt before the pulley goes on. Dampener fastens with 4 bolts. There is nothing for it to even press onto.

Last edited:
The Damper is on the correct way and I used the sprocket as well. I’m going to try a different belt and go from there anymore input would be appreciated !

It sounds like an alignment issue. Use a straight edge or something to try and visually see that the groves are straight. Can you look down from the top and clearly see that all the groves on the pulleys line up? Are you able to get a reasonable adjustment on the belts you have, or do you run out of adjustment before they are a tight enough fit with the aftermarket pulleys? If so, you will need smaller belts to allow a good tight adjustment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back