The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

AT swap to MT 420a weird issue help??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandons_ballin132

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2017
Columbia, South_Carolina
Hey guys start by saying y'all are what keep dsmers going thanks for all your help really respect this place and everyone's time. I'm a completely solo worker LOL no help no willing friends LOL. But I love it. Anyway recently bought a red 98 rs/MT 500$ needed a clutch, fixed within a few days. Lady pulled out in front of me.. so yeah. Anyway, I bougt a silver 97 gs/AT. 250$ clean/power/leather/needs paint-(Shell) Finally got the job done. Fired up today busted right off :) Only thing left is to switch cluster. OK here's my main issue my rear windshield wiper is going by itself as soon as I switch key on and never stops. Switch is off.. all wiring is original and all I did was hook up wire for the clutch to starter relay behind CD player so car would crank. I do have the manual ecu in the caraready as well. Haven't done speedo yet either. So no wiring has been tampered with. I was thinking maybe cluster? Which makes no since cause it seems to be working. Shared some pics of what I'm working with in case your interested thanks In advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    397.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0449.PNG
    IMG_0449.PNG
    350.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    443.9 KB · Views: 73
Hey guys any info would be really appreciated I know this may be a dumb thread but it's really bothering me LOL I'm sure I will run into other things as well as I finish buttoning this thing together

Either your rear wiper switch is internally shorted to the On position or more likely the rear intermittent wiper relay is stuck On. Unplug the rear intermittent wiper relay. If the wiper goes off that's your problem. You can leave it unplugged if you don't want to spend the $ for a new one.

I just realized the rear intermittent wiper relay is part of the rear wiper switch so it may be a challenge or not possible. You'd have to take it apart to see.

Last edited:
Thanks man for the help!! I figured it out today and you were right on the money replaced the relay with one from the wrecked car

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back