The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G As promised - pt6266 turbo build complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
Ok guys here we are, just took the car out and lowered the boost back to 20psi, car is a totally different animal. Some of you may know I crack my ofh prior to starting the last time so I had to go with the 90 ofh and I installed a oil cooler. Not 100% happy with the location but it came out ok. Car woke the hell up, can't imagine what it's like at 30psi ....little laggy but I don't mind it. Helps with gas mileage :p

Attachments

• IMG_2527.JPG
    IMG_2527.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2528.JPG
    IMG_2528.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2518.JPG
    IMG_2518.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2519.JPG
    IMG_2519.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 143
Vid https://vid.me/adOF need to retune the map, cars running leaner and my exhaust was banging the hanger I forgot to bolt in and I was causing knock at low rpm. Otherwise shes running great for lower boost.

I can't seem to view the video but I'm followimg along :thumb:

Once I get this setup tuned I'll take it for a serious rip, trying to film and drive isn't just impossible now it's just stupid. Need to get a go pro. The open dump is soooo loud , only thing I gotta get used to

No I'm not, I'm gunna save it for summer. The underwood temps are apprear to be ok. Still gotta adjust the exhaust a little bit and tune the motor. Wasn't expecting it to change my tune that much..

Ba
What are u running for boost... at 20 psi the turbo feels like it isn't awake yet
Base tune on pump gas at 20 psi but at this boost level it moves. Can't wait to install my 1600ccc injectors on E85. I upgraded from pte5857 on fp manifold. I can tell you it's a HUGE difference.

Ba

Base tune on pump gas at 20 psi but at this boost level it moves. Can't wait to install my 1600ccc injectors on E85. I upgraded from pte5857 on fp manifold. I can tell you it's a HUGE difference.
Yah 20 psi feels ok, but I can feel like it's not in its efficiency range. Right now I'm running on c16 mix, I just grabbed two cans of c16 so. I'm gunna run this until I pick up e85 and install my high z 1650s. The open dump is soooooo loud. I kinda miss my o2 housing. But it's good for the power I guess

Yah I can see that although I take is easy on my drivetrain..... I think most damage occurs during hard launches. If I break my tranny or axles etc by doing 3rd gear rips I'd be proud not worried. I am worried about dropping the clutch and launching the car...... I'm waiting for my Ppe dogbox- trying to keep that on the hush hush

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back