The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

arp torque specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myblack98gst

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2003
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
alright I am going to be assembling my motor later this week, but I need to know the torque specs for the ARP head studs and main studs (using ARP lube). I am reusing these parts from another motor I had so I no longer have the packaging.

motor Specs.

90 6 bolt block (decked,bored, align bored, etc...)
crank turn .010 over
Clevite bearings
Eagle H-BeaM rods with 3/8" ARP
Wiesco .020 over 9.0:1 compression pistons
Mitsubishi multilayer headgasket

if you know the torque specs let me know PLEASE!

Break yes, but remember they can stretch as well. Use ARP lube, and 3 stage it to 85ft/lb. Don't screw around with any other type of lube... use what's recommended from the fastener's manufacturer.

I saved the instructions from my ARP's and it clearly says at the bottom that IF using motor oil then you want to torque them to 120 ft lbs. However I also recommend using ARP's moly lube. You can get it at summit racing or even ebay sometimes.

Attachments

• Image009.jpg
    Image009.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 677
I saved the instructions from my ARP's and it clearly says at the bottom that IF using motor oil then you want to torque them to 120 ft lbs. However I also recommend using ARP's moly lube. You can get it at summit racing or even ebay sometimes.

^^ Exactly I dont know why everyone is saying don't mess with using motor oil use the moly lube when it has instructions how to do it on arpies website. Has anyone had a bad experience to back it up that it's not good to use oil?

the moly lube is like $3. Do what you think is best. You are the one who has to put it together and drive it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back