The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Are cars selling like normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin4Ever

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2005
Moses Lake, Washington
Hey I was thinking of finally selling my 1G; owned it since 2003. I was curious what the market is like.

Are people able to get the normal price for their cars, are they selling relatively quickly, or is it taking longer than normal and having to drop the price?

Thanks much for any feedback.

^^ What he said. You're being extremely vague.. which isn't really helping anything. plus you live in Washington and there always seem to be a lot for sale out there (at least opposed to the NE coast) so you might have a rougher time selling because they are more readily available in your area.

Really depends on a few things:

-odometer
-modifications
-paint quality
-routine maintenance/ preventative maintenance
-willingness to drive to Seattle for sale

Your DSM profile isn't complete I can only see 2 pictures. Since you have the turbo AWD model you will have an edge, but 19gsx91 is correct in that 1g's are readily available in this area. I saw roughly ten 1g GSX's posted in the last few months on car sites.

It would be much easier to sell in Seattle vs. Moses Lake since you will have a much larger audience.

Also what is your "normal price?" price will dictate how fast your car sells.

^^^ Plus idk what the rust situation is on the west coast but up here you can basically buy a southern 1g gsx down south for 2k needing minimal work and 6-8k out of it up here just because of it being clean. I just sold a 91 gsx with 86k on it that the rockers were gone on for $200 and a BEP hx35. nobody was interested.

There are SO many variables to take into consideration, you could help us all by starting with a DEFINITIVE description of your car and any and all mods. Mechanical condition including a log of when important tasks like timing belt job ect were done(this needs to be documented with proof), body, condition including pics of any rust issues ect ect. Basically, you are a salesman and need to sell your car, you will need to bait the hook before you will get any fishes interested in biting..

When I browse around and see a dsm that are priced over $6000 typically sit longer and I mean longer. This isn’t no flip my car and make a profit type of car LOL. Most times then none they are part out. Hope that helps and gives you a general idea

Depends heavily on your region, the condition of your car, and how many others are for sale in your region. If it's close to stock and very well taken care of, running good with a clean title, you might get some good money for it. If it's heavily modified, many would just part it out to get more money.

From what ive seen the really clean lower mileage cars sell pretty quickly depending on region as stated and the abused ones either take awhile to sell or end up parted it

Well my 90k mi stock 1g 90 laser RS I got for 1500 because people kept throwing parts at it. Isc drivers failed got it home sent the ecu out. My talon I traded a car in my area they are kinda commonish Both are rust free and fwd. You see 5k plus cars sit and be reposted alot by me. I'd say if you love the car run her into the ground because they will all be gone eventually.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back