The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

General Apexi power fc issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedNY76

Probationary Member
May 13, 2017
Cortland, New_York
I have a 95 eagle talon tsi with a 96 eclipse gsx motor in it. So I got a new Apexi power FC with power commander. I believe it comes with a base tune on it . I plug it in and go to start the car and it misfires backfires and wont run . does anyone know anything about this set up and can you help me out.

My brother has one on his RB25 powere S13.... I'm familiar with other tuning systems (Ostrich, AEM)... and the powerfc was a pain in the wiener tbh. I don't know if this helps or not, but I'd look into selling it and getting something else. If you're convinced you want to use it, post your settings you're using here from every menu and I'll see if I can help. Don't worry about fuel or ignition map settings.

If you know any "rx-7" tuners they're usually familiar with this computer enough to help but it's not a widely adopted solution in the DSM world.

I don't believe that they come with a tune, you must adjust he fuel amount by yourself, it's just a small controller no?

^^ Did you just use the hand controller to tune it? I find this very cumbersome in comparison to using a laptop. The PowerFC "does work" fine for tuning I just hated the interface. There isn't a doubt about how it runs the car... that works fine.

I don't believe that they come with a tune, you must adjust he fuel amount by yourself, it's just a small controller no?
it has the fc controller with it but if it wont run I cant figure out what to change

So when you installed it what did you do ? did you have to download a map or was it pre set ?

they come with start up maps. i did have the laptop tuning software. speed density version. took all of about 45 minutes to tune car. wouldnt have taken much longer using the handheld. hks vpc. ecmlink, aem, haltech, etc. this ECU smoked them all on how easy it was to tune and how dang good the car ran.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back