The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Apex-i Super AFC, the check engine light is always on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT1982

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2008
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, with the Apex-i Super AFC, the check engine light is always on, is it simple to remove it's bulb only, without tearing the whole dash apart? Thanks!

- Mike

You probably hooked up incorrectly the SAFC. You or the installer probably cut the wrong wire and now its triggering a code for the sensor. Get a logger.

Hmm, thats a good point man, thanks. I bought the car from a freind used, he said the light has been on for a number of years LOL. The car runs fine, it does not have a Cat and does have both O2 sensors. It has a Hahn super 20g turbo and 650cc injectors, walbro, etc, different mods along those lines. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

it's probably having no cat as stated.

but i dont know why you even considered just taking the bulb out.

thats a quick bandage, and doing those sort of things with DSMs will come back to haunt you later and make you give up like the many too weak or lazy to own a DSM in the first place. they end up selling the car right away and then proceed by spreading how unreliable it was, but really the only thing to blame was themselves..

but i'm sure you won't be turning out like that now will you.. ;)

go to autozone and rent a logger to see what the code is and fix it, they give you the money back after you return it, or find a friend who has one.

but if you really want to be ghetto and do as you suggested, you don't have to take out the dash, just remove the bezel around the cluster, then remove the cluster, then proceed to remove the bulb.

it's probably having no cat as stated.

but i dont know why you even considered just taking the bulb out.

thats a quick bandage, and doing those sort of things with DSMs will come back to haunt you later and make you give up like the many too weak or lazy to own a DSM in the first place. they end up selling the car right away and then proceed by spreading how unreliable it was, but really the only thing to blame was themselves..

but i'm sure you won't be turning out like that now will you.. ;)

That was beautifully put :thumb:

Thanks guys, being new to this forum I truly feel welcome, you guys are great! Decidedly, I am going to get ahold of a logger (learn about them, then rent or buy one) and leave the bulb IN.

Thanks!!

Mike

i got the same problem, after i install my safc 2, the check engine light turn on, i had this light around 6 months, 2 guys scan the ecu and there is was no code error. Then i reset the ecu, disconecting the batery cable wait few minutes and conect it again, the light turn off for 1 day max and then turn on. Then i think go to an standalone ecu until 1 week ago i change the fuel filter and the car feels faster and there is no check engine light on

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back