The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Anyone have experience with ebay short blocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feyd Rautha

Probationary Member
Apr 14, 2015
New braunfels, Texas
There are a few vendors selling oem-rebuilt 4g63s on ebay. Anyone have any experience with these $1500-2000 short blocks? Thanks.

Thanks for the response. I didn't realize how competitive the vendors where in price. I just remember the days when the top vendors where double in price.

$2k Can get you a pretty decent complete rebuild if you source your parts intelligently and have a bit of patience. I wouldn't get anything from eBay in that context.

Yeah something like a short block or a long block or heads are something that you want to source. With eBay it's too much of hit or miss. Your money didn't come easy don't let it go easy.

I'm sure those blocks are okay for stock dsm, but for a high performance [or for better use of your money] just have your block sent out to a vendor for all the cleaning and machine work, and then buy all your parts from a vendor on here and see if they can give you a deal if you buy all your parts from them, you will likely spend 2k at the least for a quality motor that can handle at least 800+hp.

You do realize some of the vendors here on DSMTuners also sell on Ebay.

You may get a bit of a better deal if you contact them thu here since they will not have to pay out all the ebay fees

I was actually wondering the same thing. I see this one vendor on eBay selling all types of short blocks and heads but the parts he is using for the Pistons and rods are something I've never heard of so that's where I would get nervous.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back