The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

anyone from winnipeg around here? or close

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oooh pretty.

ya ziggy has been getting my business every year for the past... 5?

I cant justify AGX prices for this thing but maybe GR2 might be sufficient

had this odd knock in third starting around 4k. 15psi, 10* timing, 10.3:1, 2* pulled.
stayed until i lifted when i noticed the CEL (set at 1*)

confusing, it wasn't there before but I'm also running 10.3:1. might be too rich, and in conjunction with the relatively low timing.. man I need an egt sensor

Last edited:
So I figured I'd give rtmracing a chance be it that it's canadian and all and wow was I ever surprised. I priced out all the belts cause I'm staying with my balance shaft there is no re Benifit to removing it you cut off oil galarys and let's just say I don't want to pull the motor to do the delete. But my god I could get the parts from the states for half that and make it a worth while trip to the states and spend the day. I mean 800 is a little steep for me right now. I'm going to go threw and check all my pulleys and stuff and see what is salvageable I know the tensioner is shot

It can be pricey from the states if you factor in the shitty exchange rate and any duty at the border.. But ya rtm always seems to be a bit more.

Ah I just look that I can get genuine parts for my car like timing belt,balance shaft belt, tensioner am for timing tensioner and idle for 327 us witch worked out to be like 410 with shipping so I mean not to bad at all IMO. The only thing I'm not going to do is a oem is water pump and maybe valve cover gasket. I mean I hope to do a rebuild in the winter along with some other things I have planned

Last edited:
Ah I just look that I can get genuine parts for my car like timing belt,balance shaft belt, tensioner am for timing tensioner and idle for 327 us witch worked out to be like 410 with shipping so I mean not to bad at all IMO. The only thing I'm not going to do is a oem is water pump and maybe valve cover gasket. I mean I hope to do a rebuild in the winter along with some other things I have planned

Go with gates for anything thing not oem like the water pump, There the oem brand for hyundai so gates will be your best chance !

Changed my inner and outer tie rod ends finally only to see i need a new lower control arm. While i wait to order that im installing my header tonight, It's been sitting around for a year just never felt like installing it.

What wonders good fresh plugs and a properly set MBC will do.

The BPR7ES I had must have been spitting like mad.. they look clean except for a carbon deposit near the electrode that resembles blowout.. they're a year or two old but practically no mileage. Switched back to 6ES and it's so much smoother and stable.
Add to that a MBC that I thought was set to ~18-20psi was more likely set closer to 30..
backed that off to 15 set properly and it builds fast, pulls good and is stable with the stock 2g timing map and no knock. However I think I'll re-add my tweaked map.

I really need to order those gaskets and SD parts already... hurray for new job, now I can.

Last edited:
So I'm thinking tomorrow I should be able to get my eagle on the road. anyone else going to be around for riding? Maybe do a meet? I had curt run me threw my timing belt scare LOL. Thank god it was a rookie mis take. anyways going to go threw the timing agian but does anyone else have the quarter inch tensioner pulley tool cause I just used two drill bits and a screw driver to load te tension and it seemed to work not to bad. How ever not a 100% if I'm tight enough I know the pulley centre bolt is suppose to be tensioned to 36 ft-lb.

Anybody have any idea where to get that thick composite Turbo-to-O2-housing gasket? I have an Evo3 OEM one, single layer stamped steel, on hand but I'm currently running the thicker one and I'd like to continue doing so. Problem is, I can't remember where I got it.

Anybody have any idea where to get that thick composite Turbo-to-O2-housing gasket? I have an Evo3 OEM one, single layer stamped steel, on hand but I'm currently running the thicker one and I'd like to continue doing so. Problem is, I can't remember where I got it.

I looked at extremepsi and rtm couldnt find one, even ebay doesnt have one!

Found an oil leak under the car, oil pan is starting to leak. While its on jack stands i might as well fix that! Got the exhaust manifold off tonight and test fit the new header, going to finish everything up tomorrow hopefully.

So everyone I got her up and going. Met up with Curt-s today to return his tensioner pulley tool. I am so ever greatful for, thank you kind sir. She is running strong with a couple small minor things but I am most please with the way everything came together. No to figure out what she needs for safety I know I need a tire desperately as the from one is going to blow at any given time LOL.

I looked at extremepsi and rtm couldnt find one, even ebay doesnt have one!

Found an oil leak under the car, oil pan is starting to leak. While its on jack stands i might as well fix that! Got the exhaust manifold off tonight and test fit the new header, going to finish everything up tomorrow hopefully.

So did you finish everything up today dave?

Yeap just finished going for a drive! @Slobonator4G63 Got a couple exhaust leaks to fix but i think im going to redo the whole exhaust to 2.25" again because its rusty as fuuk.

Starting a new job in a couple weeks so it looks like i can get to saving for ecm link for the tsi soon!

So I have decided it's to dam quite on this forum LOL. Today is Sunday Father's Day this evening I will be out cruising around does anyone want to pull up to dollarama keneston or wanna meet somewhere like kildonan park

Finishing up the turbo swap, BBQ at parents, pick up wife from work at 930pm.. earliest I could swing is 10pm at kenaston, later if more northern.

Anybody know someone who can do a nice weld on a 3/8" mild steel bung to 16ga steel 2.5" tube elbow? Something without splatter, something that can be looked at and admired.

Not looking for it gratis, but reasonable rates.

That's all that's standing in my way of speed density, and my previous "normal" welding place (muffler shop in town) either splatters or can't mate two pipes together without a dozen pinhole leaks. and more splatter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back