The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Anyone ever have Low speed wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlwaysSunnyOhio

Proven Member
Jul 6, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Got the spyder running pretty well, just a couple things to fix.

I have a low speed wobble around 20-40mph. The faster you go the smoother it is. I do have a bad sway bar link on the right side where it feels like the wobble is coming from. I did order a new one but I don't know if it's the culprit.

I did jack up the tires and pull side to side and up and down and no budge. I also got new tires balanced and aligned. The car did sit for a couple years.

Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar symptom before I start replacing parts.

I've seen tires on cars and trailers that sat for years and got flat spots on the tires. It will cause a wobbly feeling, not saying that's your problem just throwing an idea out.

Yup same here at first that's what I thought it was. Got the new tires and no change. Never had a link cause a wobble like this. So I thought I'd check in here for some other ideas.

It's odd to me that it goes away with speed. I replaced the outer tie rod ends before I got it aligned. I didn't want to replace the suspension just yet.

I read some on a bolt that comes loose on the rack and pinion but I didn't find any loose bolts.

So in case anyone ever finds this page and has a similar problem. If you have low speed wobble and your car does a shimmy when you hit a bump. I have found that 90% of the time it is your struts. At least every single time I've had a car do this it has been the strut. I installed coil overs and problem fixed.

The one time it wasn't the strut it was on a lifted XJ.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back