The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Anyone can tell whats better? hks Timing belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielsl1999gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2009
los angles, California
OK so im planning on getting a new timing belt for my 4g63, so im looking at an HKS one because i like the color.. but they have two types of belt? one is an HKS Fine Tune Balancer Belt: Mitsubishi Eclipse and a HKS Fine Tune Timing Belt: Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99 so whats better? of whats the diff? about them>

one is a timing belt. one is a balance shaft belt... totally different parts and totally different places to put em. you need to replace both belts tho. or remove ## balance shafts

LOL Yup two totally different belts

Attachments

• 3495258525_948296302f.jpg
    3495258525_948296302f.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 444
haha damm i knew they were two totally differnt belts but the pic they gave me made them look the same so i thought i ask.. ugh timing belt is so much more....

haha, Funny picture. I also had a set of "HKS" ngk plugs on my Evo. Funny stuff.

Unless the upper timing belt cover goes missing from a shop that you never, never want to go back to and gets replaced with a clear cover.

Now my blue timing belt contrasts with the red Larson hose kit. Probably costs me 10 horsepower.

True, the colors must be coordinated. It was covered on an episode of Queer Mechanic for the Straight DSM.

I hope the shop paid the bill for the new cover. But I'd always wonder what else they "lost".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back