Any PC gamers here?

Posted by TSITurbo95, May 12, 2011
Video Gaming/Driving Sims - All GT4/Forza/Driving Simulator and other video gaming discussions. No other discussions please.

Please Support Race Components Inc
  1. KyleClyne

KyleClyne Proven Member

New Ulm, Minnesota
    Lurked one page but only found one Steam friend to add :p. CFH_Hitman on Steam and Origin. Battlefield 3, CSS, Team Fortress 2, and a ton of random purchases from the Steam Summer Sale. Looking forward to Guild Wars 2, I'll be playing unhealthy amounts of that when it comes out on August 28. =)

2. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

DSM Profiles:
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    im deathcrow1 on steam altough im never really on it anymore.

3. KyleClyne

KyleClyne Proven Member

New Ulm, Minnesota
    Might have to throw some money my computer's way pretty soon. I have an ancient motherboard which is holding me back quite a bit. Socket 1156. OR is it 1155... the older, less expandable one. I wanna say 1156. :p Otherwise I have an i7-870, 2x GTX 560ti's, 8gb, etc. Handles everything so far.

4. TSITurbo95

TSITurbo95 Proven Member

Ohio, Ohio
    I am quadcore1289 on steam, always on it :)

5. Tribal_RS_96

Tribal_RS_96 Proven Member

St. Louis, Missouri
    My computer build is a budget gamer build, always changing, right now, sitting on a 2.93ghz core 2 duo , the 2GB of DDR2 ram could use 2GB more ram, and Im running a $45 new nvidia 9800GT + or whatever and im playing skyrim on high, Cs source is my main game, and now im playing the Race 07 stuff. Simraceway is an upcoming racing simulator, and they feature the GSX in there. its cheap too.

On steam I'm Mr.FragbOmB

6. necrotopsy

necrotopsy Proven Member

SW, Michigan
    anyone play Arma 2?

7. Tribal_RS_96

Tribal_RS_96 Proven Member

St. Louis, Missouri
    I suck at arma2. I thought I was ok at those sims because of operation flashpoint.....nope LOL

8. Dkbaysinger

Dkbaysinger Probationary Member

Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have quite a few games on Steam. Play them often.

9. XiKeiyaZI

XiKeiyaZI Supporting Member

DSM Profiles:
    Dyersburg, Tennessee
    Been a little out of the loop lately with DayZ and Arma 2, but am getting back into them. We're actually trying to get a small group of guys to fraps some of our gameplay for a series. If anyone is interested in joining us, feel free to.

10. white92talontsi

white92talontsi Proven Member

Fayetteville, North_Carolina
    I've been playing the Arma 3 Alpha and so far it seems OK. Still suffers from Poor FPS/Coding just like ARMA 2.

I've got 3 Arma 3 Alpha Lite Invites if someone wants to try the base game.

11. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    North Bay Area, California
    I've been neglecting Heart of the Swarm for some reason. I guess I"ll play it now while I'm thinking of it.

12. PrimerPLus

PrimerPLus Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I play WoW. Everything else on ps3 or xbox

13. AK Maniak

AK Maniak Supporting Member

DSM Profiles:
    Butte, Montana
    I've been playing heart of swarm on my surface pro and I love it. Badass game.

14. mjfenix

mjfenix Probationary Member

Pinole, California
    Oh man, just found this subforum. Nice!

I currently have been playing Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3. (I'm usually on Crysis every night or so, I've suit rebooted twice and am working towards a third)

I also play Starcraft 2 from time to time, and just finished Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Tomb Raider, Batman: Arkham City

Hit me up anytime if you wanna game! I do have a mic too.

15. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    North Bay Area, California
    dx11... pfft! ;)
    What card are you playing them on[C3 and Bioshock]?

16. clipto

clipto Proven Member

Portland, Oregon
    Pc games have been crappy the past couple years imo, yet I sit at my pc all day trying to find something good. What good is owning 3 gtx 690's if there's no good games to play.

17. white92talontsi

white92talontsi Proven Member

Fayetteville, North_Carolina
  18. AngelOfPassion

AngelOfPassion Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Mesa, Arizona
    Lol @ the comment above.

I agree that the games haven't been that great. Anno 2070 isn't bad but who wants to give money to ubisoft? At least they are getting a little back on track by ditching their always online policy. Simcity completely flopped and is absolutely terrible compared to sc4.

Really all I am looking forward to is the witcher 3. I bought 1 and 2 and can't wait to pre order the third. My favorite game series by far and I can always trust cdprojekt with never including always on or drm crap.

19. karterpal83

karterpal83 Probationary Member

New York, New_York
    Let's revive this thread! I have about 60-70 steam games but I've stopped playing on PC pretty much a year ago, because I got addicted and it started affecting me really really bad.

20. orangutan

orangutan Probationary Member

DSM Profiles:
    Kennewick, Washington
    I play Diablo 2 LOD on East server, that's about the only PC game I still play. It's the funnest one I can think of to this day.

21. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Houston, Texas
    I play a lot of StarCraft 2.

22. 605jdm

605jdm Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    siouxfalls, South_Dakota
    Best game for PC for sure!

23. SonySlave

SonySlave Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Pasadena, Maryland
    I game almost exclusively on PC. I can't stand garbage shooters like CoD and I pretty much hate online multiplayer as I would rather not listen to some 12 year old tell me the banged my mom every time they "pwn" me. Dumb. At the moment I have several games loaded up on Steam and otherwise: Diablo 3, Fallout 4, Hitman, Doom, and several others.

I actually just finished up the custom water loop in this rig I built a few weeks ago. Pretty beastly machine that should be solid for several years to come.

Asus Maximus IX Formula motherboard
    i7 6700k
    Nvidia 1080Ti
    32GB RAM
    Samsung 960 Evo M.2 Hard Drives (500GB x2)
    Custom Water Loop

Attached Files:

24. zedicus

zedicus Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Garden city, Kansas
    geh, my 'gaming' pc only currently mines crypto currency. and time hasnt been on my side. i am only a console peasant currently. some of these are on PC too, i recommend Life is Strange, The Last of us, Heavy rain. i am currently slowly working on the re-releases of Kingdom Hearts. i played destiny for a short bit and it actually has enough story to be good for an FPS. i just bought but have not started Bloodborne, the witcher 3, the Bioshock pack, Steins;Gat 0, and if i have a few minutes to kill i jump into Drive Club or trials Fusion. i shall be picking up the new Gran Turismo also. feel free to add me on ps4 same user as here, Zedicus.

if your Geeky enough to be a gamer you might be into anime. Death Note, Steins Gate, Tokyo Ghoul, Read or Die, Attack on titan, The legend of Korra, Elfen Lied, are all pretty good and not terribly squids and boobs or anything your GF would judge you (much) for watching.

if your gaming computer has lots of down time and you are poor, look into Ethereum or Monero. it is easy to convert to bitcoin and then you can buy games or pc stuff off of newegg or overstock. Ignore all the bad press about cryptomining.

25. karterpal83

karterpal83 Probationary Member

New York, New_York
    I know Battlefield and many other shooters are much better than CoD, I just played a lot of CoD throughout my life because it's simply funny. If you wanna be competitive and just play a high quality game, then Battlefield is definitely my choice!