The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Any local dudes good at problem solving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upgrading_86

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2006
East Hartford, Connecticut
So I got my car running after a few things and now it runs rough shifts hard and builds boost but you can feel it you can see it on a gauge but no getting sucked into your seat any ideas?

It does build some boost but not enough to feel a significant pull there is no setting going off stock gauges car came with aftermarket gauges and at idle it read -10 vacuum but those gauges are no longer on the car. If I floor it the rpm gauge steadily climbs tho, If the clutch was going wouldn't I smell it and see it on the rpm gauge it doesn't seem like a clutch issue and I'm from East Hartford ct

Last edited:
Have you done a boost leak test? Checked and double checked all your vacuum lines? Compression test? Checked all your timing Ect.? All that fun stuff?
You can also check your wastegate and turbo for a stuck open flapper and any shaftplay.
Are you recirculating your BOV?
Also you could check your fuel system (pressure, injectors, ect.)
Do you have any kind of Manual Boooost Controller? Didn't catch one in your profile but figured I'd ask...

No manual boost controller, have a hks ss on there but I don't think it is being recalculated and don't really have time to do all the fun stuff I've checked the timing that's about it work nights 10+ hr shifts takes up all my time

Last edited:
I'd at least start by double checking your vacuum lines, and your wastegate. Make sure everything is hooked up right and your wastegate is closed and working right.
Also I hear a lot of people who dont RECIRCULATE their bov have problems with bogging down, stumbling and whatnot because their car isnt able to RECALCULATE that air goin back into the system, causing you to run rich.

I second checking vacuum lines. Vacuum on your gauge should have been about -18 or -20. Also boost leak test your system and out your boost gauge back in. That factory one is worthless.

Vaccum will vary on what mods you have. I have bc 272 cams and my idle is -12. I would most deffinetly check for boost leaks and vaccum leaks and wastegate. Most likely your problem will be solved after checking those things.

Thanks for the feed back guys it ended up being the timing the camshaft sensor was off and the timing belt was loose but will still perform a tune up, boost leak test and double check the vacuum lines anyway to be on the safe side that way I don't run into any other issues

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back