The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Alternator replacement now have ticking noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelsr90

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 3, 2005
petersburg, Virginia
Okay so I have been working on getting my 1g back on the road. It has been sitting for a while about 2 years. I do need a new knock sensor which I wll be ordering soon. I drained the gas, replaced fuel filter, plugs, wires, oil change all the normal stuff. After a few tries she started up but idled high and low so I adjusted the isc and got it smoothed out then the alternator died. I replaced it and now the car is making a ticking noise around the intake manifold/valve cover area sounds like it's on the driver side. Not sure if it's related to the alternator or not but the car was sounding good up to this point. Any ideas or suggestions will be great. Thanks in advance

Thanks guys if it is a lifter tick what is the best way to get rid of it also could it have anything to do with me needing a knock sensor the one I currently have is bad. I will check the belt as well to make sure it's not rubbing

Chryslerkid if the steering belt is loose will that cause the ticking noise? The noise does get louder when I push the gas. Sounds like it's coming from valve cover/intake manifold area. Very hard to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. It's just crazy everything was good until alternator died.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back