The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Alignment help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gst-turbo

Proven Member
Nov 7, 2012
Petaluma, California
I lowerd my car on coilovers and i whent to get it align and they told me that the rear had to much camber so i put a camber kit that i had on the rear and know they tell me the toe is maxed out that i need new toe bolts? Help dont know what to do have my alignment results

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
It's a common problem with these cars. You are more than likely going to have to cut them out and either get the toe arms in the link that was already posted. Or you can get another set of stock ones. You'll need some new eccentric bolts and plates too. You can modify GS-T rear toe arms fairly easy and make them work as well.

So. If they're seized, as jakk220 said you will need to cut the old ones out and then get new bolts either way. Maybe with a set fresh OEM bolts you will have enough adjustability. If not you can either modify the GS-T toe arms as mentioned or find adjustable ones. Using the ones like I have.....listed in that link, all adjustments are done in the link and never touch the eccentric bolts again.

It looks like its gunna be tough to get the bolts out the guy who was doing my alignment said that he broke his wrench trying to lossen them

Cut them out with a torch, takes about 10 minutes a side if your proficient with a torch. The 3G eclipses are even worse, I get a lot of them that are seized in Ohio. Best thing you could do is get a set of arms off Paul (99gstracer). You will still have to cut the old ones out and get new bolts.

Your gonna need the arms too. The bolt actually seizes to the metal insert in the bushing of the arm. Your gonna burn through the arm and bushing. The rubber smells like shit when burning.

Cut them out with a torch, takes about 10 minutes a side if your proficient with a torch. The 3G eclipses are even worse, I get a lot of them that are seized in Ohio. Best thing you could do is get a set of arms off Paul (99gstracer). You will still have to cut the old ones out and get new bolts.

That's exactly what I did, except I used a recip saw.

I bought these arms off of Amazon and the eccentric bolt kit through JNZ (along with a lot of antiseize).

Febest - Chrysler Right Track Control Rod Upper With Ball Joint - Oem: Mr162572, Mr162571

Key, rule on DSM, NEVER reassemble any exterior bolts without anti seize!
Skip this detail and you will regret it in the future.

They told me the stock bolts have lot of rust and a are sized up

That's normal on a 2G - my 98 was completely seized up when I went for an alignment in spring '99 - the toe arms had to be cut off and replaced.

2Ga hardware is "tolerable" - some is good, lots is bad. It gets MUCH worse after early 95 build dates. I have two vented rear disc 95s and one solid rear rotor 95, the difference is simply disgusting...

The good news is that it appears all OEM replacement parts go with the best spec Mitsu came up with over the build life of the model, though sadly some parts are NLA.

Quality anti-seize is your friend in this matter...

It's a 2G - you can stop at "the rust is bad" - that covers every 2G unfortunately...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back