The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G alignment, gas tank vent questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexGsxCummins

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Bremerton, Washington
I got 2 questions, first my alignment before I swapped brembos and wheels my car drove straight as can be, now it pulls left and has a slight shake on the highway. Would the brembos cause this at all I ask because on the driver side it could have used a little more grinding on the back it mounted completely down but I had to force the last tiny bit. Or should I have the tires balanced again?
2nd question where is the gas tank vent? This is my first 2g but I think the p.o capped it off there is a ridiculous amount of vacuum pressure.

You're alignment shouldn't change at all. The vibration is possibly being caused by the caliper touching the knuckle (if I read that right). Try making it fit better. Are your emissions components deleted? Specifically the charcoal canister under the battery tray. Most people either put a filter on the vent line (the open line from the tank after the canister is out) or just tuck the line into the wheel well. Check to make sure it isn't pinched if so. If you still have the canister, I'd consider removing it or swapping it with another used one. They're quite expensive new and def not worth it.

I'll look for it under there I swear for my 1g it was on the opposite side that's why I couldn't find it, sometimes when o park and shut it off I head air trying to get past something so I feel like its the tank trying to breathe, the p.o removed all that so I'm thinking he capped it. I'll start with taking a little more off the caliper, the guy who balanced the tires didn't seem like really tried that hard..but I dont think that would cause it to want to pull to the left. I'll start with taking a little more meat off then have them rebalanced.

Out of curiosity what negative effects does the vent being capped and all that negative pressure do to the car performance wise, I feel its weird having evo 9 injectors and having 100% duty cycle at 13psi... I thought maybe its not supplying full fuel pressure because of this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back