The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G airbag delete SRS light bypass

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Show me a picture of your multi meter when your testing your air bags resistance

You should also see the resistance of your delete plug to see if the wires are adding enough ohms to make your resister be a 2.6 k ohm or somethin like that

What gauge wire did you use?

Another possibility is that you need to somehow restart the SRS system,
Could there be that something else is wrong with the system how did you wire it?
Was the light on before you did this?
okay so i had the battery unhooked then i hooked up the 1/2 first and plugged battery back in and no good so then i tried the 1/4 and still nothing the light is still on? any thoughts

Last edited:
Show me a picture of your multi meter when your testing your air bags resistance

You should also see the resistance of your delete plug to see if the wires are adding enough ohms to make your resister be a 2.6 k ohm or somethin like that

What gauge wire did you use?

Another possibility is that you need to somehow restart the SRS system,
Could there be that something else is wrong with the system how did you wire it?
Was the light on before you did this?

no it was off, i changed the wheel and bam the light was on, i was expecting it to pop on im building a drag car but i still want pass airbag, and i didnt use any wire i just stuck the resistor directly to the wires!! LOL

no it was off, i changed the wheel and bam the light was on, i was expecting it to pop on im building a drag car but i still want pass airbag, and i didnt use any wire i just stuck the resistor directly to the wires!! LOL

I would do it exactly like that picture , Are you sure those tiny resister wires are acually making contact with the air bag circuit?

I would solder the resister to a similar gauge of wire that the air bag has and try again

If your making a drag car then I wouldn't leave the resister like that due to vibrations ect

Pictures?

Just to add to this post, never EVER test an airbag with a meter!!! EVER, this is how people get killed. A meter will output voltage on the probes when set to the Ohm setting, that voltage can blow an airbag, I cringed when I read this thead.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back