The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G airbag delete SRS light bypass

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
Just solder in a resistor between the two wires. Google it to find the values you need.

I just unplugged the SRS module in the car and the light never came on when I replaced my steering wheel.

If you want to endanger your own life by removing the driver side air bag, go ahead and do so, but dont endanger the life of your passengers by unplugging the srs module and completely disabling the system. In my opinion, its wreckless, unless of course, you plan to have no passengers.

Just solder in a resistor between the two wires. Google it to find the values you need.

why cant you look on google and give me an answer.
I just unplugged the SRS module in the car and the light never came on when I replaced my steering wheel.

NO.

If you want to endanger your own life by removing the driver side air bag, go ahead and do so, but dont endanger the life of your passengers by unplugging the srs module and completely disabling the system. In my opinion, its wreckless, unless of course, you plan to have no passengers.

thats why i asked about the bypass. not to just unplug it.

really guys can you please read my question before you answer i know what im doing i just can find anything about this topi, so if you answer the thread please be with the answer i need, Thanks

I am not going to argue whether or not you should keep your airbags active in your car, but the car doesn't automatically become a deathtrap without them. I will argue the seatbelt is a better safety device compared to an airbag. If you don't have a reason to take them out or disable them, obviously don't.

why cant you look on google and give me an answer.

I told you what you needed to do. A simple google search would tell you the values you need. I am not here to spoon feed you information. I can lead to you do the right direction but if you cant follow through thats your own problem.

This feels like that whole teach a man to fish, but the damn guy doesnt care and just wants to eat.

I told you what you needed to do. A simple google search would tell you the values you need. I am not here to spoon feed you information. I can lead to you do the right direction but if you cant follow through thats your own problem.

This feels like that whole teach a man to fish, but the damn guy doesnt care and just wants to eat.

He won't spend a measly $35 bucks on a product specifically made for what he is looking for, not sure what you expected haha.

He won't spend a measly $35 bucks on a product specifically made for what he is looking for, not sure what you expected haha.

hahahahah the money is not an issue i spent over 9k on my car to build a drag car and i still have 7k to go i like making my own things when possible bc a resistor is 50 cents and wires i got plenty, im handy not CHEAP!

you dont have to spoon feed me no one askked you to, but this page is my last resort for the answer, google dont know everything!

I am not going to argue whether or not you should keep your airbags active in your car, but the car doesn't automatically become a deathtrap without them. I will argue the seatbelt is a better safety device compared to an airbag. If you don't have a reason to take them out or disable them, obviously don't.

yes i agree thats why im not taking out my airbag ecu i just wanna bypass the driver airbag

Resisters don't have a polarity.

according to the picture you posted^
Theres two wires that are needed so it's very simple to make this
If I remember correctly you would
Need either a (red,red,red gold/5% or a ( red,black,red, gold)

Oh and a 2.1 k ohm would work
Red,brown,red, gold
I made an injector resister delete plug for my car cost me nothing

Or
Just get a 1g they don't have airbags from the factory LOL And it's legal

im finding all types of 2.2ohm resistors can you please be more specific and also the direction of how they should be hooked up to

Last edited:
Resisters don't have a polarity.

according to the picture you posted^
Theres two wires that are needed so it's very simple to make this
If I remember correctly you would
Need either a (red,red,red gold/5% or a ( red,black,red, gold)

Oh and a 2.1 k ohm would work
Red,brown,red, gold
I made an injector resister delete plug for my car cost me nothing

Or
Just get a 1g they don't have airbags from the factory LOL And it's legal

crap thats right im thinking of a diod LOL but yea, so you have 3 options to choose from do you know what would work for sure? i just dont wanna plug it up and POW PEW PEW, there goes my bag

crap thats right im thinking of a diod LOL but yea, so you have 3 options to choose from do you know what would work for sure? i just dont wanna plug it up and POW PEW PEW, there goes my bag

What I personally would do is ohm the airbag /connector attached to it useing a multimeter,
see if you get between 2k ohms-2.2k ohms,
yOu pretty much are just makeing the computer think the air bag is still there so what ever resistance your airbag has is what I would use.

Now I'm not 100% certain on the exact numbers but If you can't ohm the airbag than I would just use a 2.1k ohm resister and see what happends

Installation looks easy also pic below (I don't no what it says though)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
What I personally would do is ohm the airbag /connector attached to it useing a multimeter,
yOu pretty much are just makeing the computer think the air bag is still there so what ever resistance your airbag has is what I would use.

Now I'm not 100% certain on the exact numbers but If you can't ohm the airbag than I would just use a 2.1k ohm resister and see what happends

awesome ill grab my multi-meter and see what i get

i got 2.4 ohms

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i got 2.4 ohm resister
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
perfect now go get a 2.4 ohm resister (red,yellow,red,gold+/- 5%)

Just 2.4 ohms that's it?

Unplug the battery for 15mins before you start

2.3 ohms may even work but I would double check again with your multi meter to be 100% sure

Last edited:
perfect now go get a 2.4 ohm resister (red,yellow,red,gold+/- 5%)

Just 2.4 ohms that's it?

Unplug the battery for 15mins before you start

2.3 ohms may even work but I would double check again with your multi meter to be 100% sure

well i held the multi meter on it until it stopped shifting numbers and it held at 2.4ohms ill do it again right now 1 sec

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back