The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Air stuck in clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88BB8B

Proven Member
Oct 14, 2016
Coldstream, BC_Canada
I seem to have some air stuck in my clutch in my 2G TSI. Its acting really weird though. The clutch feels fine for the most part, on flat, at constant speed, but as soon as I'm accelerating, braking, or going up or downhill, the pedal falls to the floor, and even on flat ground, if I pump it 4 or 5 times, at least one of those, the pedal will fall to the floor, but the other pumps it feels normal. I've bled it all the way through (dark fluid is now clean new fluid) the clutch has not improved, I didn't let new air in. Do I need to dismount the master cylinder? Is that even where the air is trapped. Is air even trapped? It's acting really weird. Please help, I'm lost here.

Another thing you can try is swapping in a speed bleeder in the slave cylinder. This makes bleeding the clutch a much simplier one man job.

I just dont understand why it feels fine most of the time when I'm driving, but then all of a sudden the pedal falls to the floor, but then when I pick it up again, it feels fine.

Because the master is bad. Seals get small nicks in them. It can work some of the time then fail exactly as you are describing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back