The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Agx coil over setup planning.. Help?? (People that know about ground controls/swift)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
For anybody that have my previous suspension posts, I've been inquiring about swift springs..

They sell springs in a variety of sizes and spring rates. I was initally asking about the rears.. But I might want to do fronts also in a coilover fasion over these agx's I got. Since swift doesn't make a kit for 1gs, I would have to piece together a set myself..

Does anybody sell just coilover sleeves like the ones that come with ground controls..?

If I were to mimic a ground control kit , I'm fairly sure they're 2.5 ID but does anyone know the length of them? 7"? 8"? For fronts and/or rears?

And should i get 2.5" (65mm to be exact) ID in the front also? or 70mm.. Since stock replacements are much wider in the front... Or should they all match at 65?

I'm asking because swift makes an amazing spring but without proper coilovers, this seems my only option to get them..

Thanks guys..

Why is everyone all nutty about swift springs. Hyperco makes more trick shit than swift.

Anyway, the damper is a million time more important than spring brand, and an agx is shit. I had them they are shit.

Bc swift is a great brand I guess? I never used them but with like 100/100 positive reviews they can't be bad

The agxs, I got them for free.. With front sportlines and rear ebay coilover types.. Swift was the only brand I saw available in pairs so I was going to keep the front sportlines, and then just get rest swifts and throw them in place of the shtty ebays but I still don't know what length I should get.. The ebays are 2.5"ID x 7"L, but should I really be emulating them?

I'm basically torn between 7 and 8 inch lengths... What to do? Since sportlines are really a slammed type spring with no adjustment..

and budget is low'er' these days... If it gets to be too crazy I'll end up keeping the original plan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back