The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

After market dimmer switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffinstar16

Proven Member
Apr 30, 2016
Spring Lake, Michigan
So ive come to the conclusion my Dimmer Siwtch is no longer good. Through countless hours of searching on ebay, craigslist, online forums and such, i havent been able to find a replacement for a 1999 (i hear 1999shave a differnt wiring set up from the rest). SO, is it possible to buy an aftermarket dimmer switch and install it to take the place of my cirrent one? if so, suggestions and such on what ot do, what to buy. If not, what do i do instead?

Headlight Dimmer Switch:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Or are you talking about the rotary dash dimmer??

Instrument panel dimmer:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Was hard to tell. I read your other post and figured it out. They are available. Sometimes, just sometimes, a tail or turn bulb will burn ONE filament out and it will touch the other filament or the base of the bulb (dual filament bulbs like 1157's) and that will ground the circuit making it blow fuses so check every bulb for a bad filament, just in case that is your problem, it doesn't take long. Good luck :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back