The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Aem WB help, log included

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedGST98

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2011
las cruces, New_Mexico
I know this has been beaten to death but please bare with me and help if you can... I have had link for a little while now and starting to learn my way around. I just (the other day) tried to hook up my Aem WB to link so actually start logging and not have to keep an eye on my gauge all the time...

The issue is this.. the gauge and the Estairfuel read pretty much dead on with eachother.. mid 14's - 15:1 at idle.. I have the Aem WB hooked up to my rear o2 pin on the ecu.. I cut the wire and spliced the signle wire into that pin. I read all over and found the best was to use the lineaure wideband option in link (I have v3 full btw). I set the correct pin and tried dang near every configuration I found to make this work.. As you can see in the log the WB is showing 10's when the guage and the Estairefuel liek i said is close enough that shows mid 14's - 15:1.

I have set my idle done a drive did my logs for the MAFT all that stuff have the injectors dialed in pretty close to a 0.0 combinedfuel...

Please help with the WB hook up.. It has to be something with the settings... but like I said.. I'v tried every config iv read and nothing to get it even close to correct.. Log is attached as well..

Attachments

• addingWB.elg
    45.2 KB · Views: 54
Have you tried going into your wideband settings in your log and messing with those settings? That's what I did for my AEM wideband.

If you mean the voltage and lam settings then yes I have. I tried a few that I had read online but that is where im still getting the 8's and the 10's thats on the log now..

What settings did you use for yours to work correctly? Also did you ground it off the ecu pin ground or just on the car itself?

It's been awhile but I believe I have it grounded to the car and the white wire tapped into pin 4 on the ecu(1g). Everyone's settings are going to differ so there's no point in copying other people's settings. Just let the car warm up for a little, turn it off(key on, engine off), stream through ecmlink, and mess with the settings for your wideband.

Check the back of the gauge it is likely set to the P4 setting or maybe P3, if you Change it to the P0 or P1 setting it should start reading correctly and you can play with Linearwideband settings to get lined up perfect.

EDIT: See the attached picture for referance

Attachments

• rotarySw.PNG
    rotarySw.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
As a matter of fact.. you are correct.. I had been messing with it for a week or so with another dsmer... just the other night i got a wild hair and realized that in fact it was strearing me in my face the whole time.. the dial was at p04 and once at p00 the volts were correct and was able to finish with my settings.. :)

So yes.. if ANYONE has this problem and they come across this thread.. CHECK THE DIAL and make sure it is set to P00 and NOT P04 :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back