The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G AEM Twin Fire On Chrysler coils ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM's 4 life

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2011
Buffalo, New_York
I want to start off by saying I'm not looking for people to tell me the stock ignition system is fine capable of any hp Etc.... I'm going to be running E85 on a holset hx35 at 38psi. I like the idea of being able to run a larger gap and multi strike.

The coils I got for free by fixing a no start issue on a local DSM. I made the cop plate and got a good deal on the AEM.

yes sorry my computer died before I was able to finish my post here is my question.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

above us is the schematic from the aem twin fire "Typical installation"

I have seen the diy cop setups wired like this one bellow

My car is a 1990 and I am looking to bypass the Transistor I read a post By "Bastarddsm" saying he did this so hopefully he can chime in. My confusion lies with the output wires of the AEM haveing 7 wires vs the 3 of the regular Dynatech Arch2 install.

Last edited:
with AEM pairing coils 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 how would you go about wiring this to trigger 1 & 4 and 2 & 3

what color trigger wires will go to pin # 54 and 55 inside the ecu?

Aem came in seems to be wired for the coils already. Here is how there wired in I will have to swap a coil pack connector.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 147
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back