The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Adjusting Clutch Pedal Height, Not Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alice

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2006
Canandaigua, New_York
Got done installing my new engine/clutch combo and I took it for a spin. The clutch engages a bit too high for my liking and I am wondering how to make it engage at a lower pedal height. I have not adjusted the master cylinder per the Jacks Transmission yet also so maybe that will do the trick. As it sits, the clutch is fully engaged at roughly 1/4 down and 3/4 off the floor. Will adjusting the master cylinder raise or lower the engagement point?

Basically, I want the clutch to be fully engaged about 1/2 way from the floor and 1/2 way from fully up position.

I have only looked at the master on the 2g twice. From what I remember there is only one adjustment and it is on the master unlike the 1g.

I believe you have to learn to live with it and adjust it the way described in Jack's video.

Adjust the master as per Jacks video or by this site, which gives even more details:

Eclipse Clutch Adjustment

Adjusting the master isn't supposed to be used to change engagement point & can cause other bigger issues if you try to do this. Engagement point is based on the clutch setup itself (& believe fork/pivotball angle will have an effect). While you may not like it, the release your getting is typically considered "normal" & should help make sure your getting proper, full release of the clutch disk.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back