The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ACT Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbz0kgx

Proven Member
Jan 12, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hello,

I am in the middle of a 6 bolt rebuild for my 2ga. I have an ACT clutch that came on the motor, the pressure plate is in good shape however the disc is not. Am I able to put a stock disc on with the ACT pressure plate? If somehow this would work would it be worthless to do so? I can tell which model the pressure plate is so I am kinda lost.

I would just get a act disc pretty cheap I wouldn't do a stock disc but that's just me especially if I was going to get a oem disc im sure its more than a act, is it a oem disc or just a store one, in any case I would grab another act disc or even a south bend disc.

Definitely grab a new act disk. ACT clutches are commonly ran on dsm's. Many run an act 2600lb or 2900lb pressure plate with a street disk. If you have some higher HP goals and are looking for a more aggressive disk. ACT makes a 6 puck disk sprung and unsprung. I actually have a brand new act unsprung six puck disk. If interested PM me.

Definitely grab a new act disk. ACT clutches are commonly ran on dsm's. Many run an act 2600lb or 2900lb pressure plate with a street disk. If you have some higher HP goals and are looking for a more aggressive disk. ACT makes a 6 puck disk sprung and unsprung. I actually have a brand new act unsprung six puck disk. If interested PM me.

Whats the drivability going to be like with the ACT? In regards to the pressure required to engage the clutch pedal? I know its a must, just curious.

The pressure to engage the clutch will be noticeably stiffer than the stock clutch feel with an act however you said that you were planning on reusing the pressure plate that came in the car. The pressure plate is where the pedal pressure comes into play. Running different disks inside the clutch will not change the pedal pressure. I daily drove cars with both a 2600 and 2900 lb pressure plates with no complaints at all. I beat the hell out of them and never did me wrong. I was going to stick with it but decided at the last minute to change over to a quartermaster twin disk setup due to my HP goals.

I had a sprung 6 puck spring popped out and wedged the disc into the front of the trans damaged the bell housing where the throw out bearing sits. read online act had some issues with springs coming out. the car is still sitting in the driveway because my shep trans needs a new bell housing!

I had a sprung 6 puck spring popped out and wedged the disc into the front of the trans damaged the bell housing where the throw out bearing sits. read online act had some issues with springs coming out. the car is still sitting in the driveway because my shep trans needs a new bell housing!
That issue has been resolved and is fine 99% of the time. You shouldn't be dumping the clutch anyways, its hard on the drivetrain and in most cases slower.

I believe you can run a stock clutch disk with the act plate. My recommendation since you are already there would be to throw a whole kit that will be guarantee. You could sell the ACT plate and get something affordable like a Comp stage 4 clutch all together, would be worth it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back