The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Accessories not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
I bought a 95 gsx last week, and it needs a bit of love. I knew that when buying it. There are accessories tbat don't work. My cruise control switch doesn't stay on (the one on the dash). If I push it to the "on" position, the light that indicates that it's on, lights up, but turns off as soon as I let go of the switch. Holding the switch and hitting the switch on the wheel does nothing. The fog light switch acts similar. If I hold the switch, the fogs turn on, but go out when I release the switch. It does not stay in the "on" position and I think the catch on the inside broke. The rear defrost switch does nothing when pushed, except I can hear the little click noise it makes in the dash when pushed, and the light doesn't come on. And the rear wiper doesn't move with the switch in either position, but I can hear the sprayer motor engage when I push it in (which sbould happen, so that part is good). I don't know if it actually sprays because the sprayer nozzle is missing, but I assume it probably would. So could all of these just be switch issues or something else? I'm gussing switch problems since they all are obviously receiving power.

here is the service manual section for the fog lights:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

rear wiper:

tech manual section on cruise control:

=========================================================

=======================================================

i don't have the section for troubleshooting the cruise for a 95, so im not sure if there are differences between 2ga and 2gb vehicles.

the cruise control section starts on page 747 in the 97 FSM, you can download it HERE

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back