The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Accelerator cable adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UndeadPancake

Probationary Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hartland, Michigan
Hi everyone, first post here and I have a question about adjusting the accelerator cable on my 98 eclipse GSX. There is about a quarter to half an inch of the accelerator cable that sticks out from my gas pedal. This causes the pedal to move a bit before you can give it any gas (the pedal moves a bit before it catches the end of the cable). I’ve tried adjusting the cable from the two 10mm bolts with the slider on the intake manifold but since my GSX has cruise control it doesn’t seem to tighten the cable at the pedal at all. Will loosening the adjusting/lock nut from the accelerator cable going into the cruise control box allow me to remove that bit of slack from the cable without messing up the cruise control? My cruise control actually works right now and I don’t want to remove it so I wasn’t sure if adjusting that would just push that extra slack into the pulley in the CC box and mess stuff up or if that is even for adjusting the length of the accelerator cable at all.

I found this thread here that is basically the same issue I am having: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/throttle-cable-issue.348471/#post-151978909

This issue with that thread is I would like to keep my cruise control in and not remove it to fix the issue. I've also attached a diagram of the part on the cruise control box I was talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Cruise Control 3.jpg
    Cruise Control 3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 112
See if this helps.

Attachments

• 1995-1999 Eclipse-Accelerator Cable.pdf
    394 KB · Views: 163
For what it's worth I had this issue when I still had cruise control on my 99 gsx. No issue on my previous 95. I never did try the cruise control adjustment inside the box but in all my research that was the only possible option I could find. Hopefully you find an answer, it always bugged the shit out of me with how the gas pedal just dangled around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back