The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AC control

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCole

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2012
Eugene, Missouri
I am looking at buying a 1998 Eclipse and the owner said that the owner before him wired in a switch to control the ac/heater. He says the heat and ac work, but there is no control of the fan speed. Has anyone seen this before? I am figuring that the previous owner just bypassed the factory fan speed switch when it quit working but that is just me guessing. Thanks for any help. The car is a few hours away so i would like to know all i can before i drive to look at it.

I would look hard at it and see what else they screwed with/rigged, that is a major problem with used 90's sports cars, too many broke a$$ kids/morons got ahold of them at some point and played electrician/mekanik on them and end up doing major damage while trying to "fix" things, "Oh the heater dont work? Mitsubishi must have installed too many wires in it back in the day, Im sure we can fix it by just snipping a bunch of them until it works" yeah that right the engineers at Mitsubishi electric company put too many wires in your car, and they just so happened to work fine for 30 years and now they suddenly went "bad" you know more than they do, go ahead and just snip all of them and put a light switch from Home Depot in it, that will fix it!

The 2g blower motor switch has resistors in it for the speeds and tends to sometimes short out. It's so expensive that people will just wire in a switch (and then only get 1 speed). But that factory blower switch (when it's not in off position) also delivers power to the AC and defroster switches so you should make sure those still work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back