A/R .60 M24 Garrett Turbo

Posted by Dragon TalonTsi, Oct 1, 2006
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum. Probationary Members must limit their tech posts to this forum and sub-forums.

1. Dragon TalonTsi

Dragon TalonTsi Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Hobart, Indiana
    I have been searching around through Google, Ask, www.turbobygarrett.com , and even here, and I am finding no pics or stats of this turbo... :mad: All I have been pulling up are threads talking about the turbo, no pics or stats, and guys talking about how its a great turbo. I just got this from a friend, it is in perfect shape, no shaft play, nothing. However, it is missing the turbine housing, and the other miscellaneous parts that go with it, but I am willing to pay that small price for this to either be rebuilt or salvaged, eventhough there is no shaft play or anything, just to be safe I would pay to have it rebuilt or rebuild it myself. Either way, I am just looking for the specs of this turbo, if it can beat my ported EVO 3 BIG 16G setup or what? :confused: I mean it was free, and I am just trying to see my options... Any help would be appreciated...
  2. GVR4592

GVR4592 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Bellingham, Washington
    That's just the designation of the compressor housing. You would need to remove both housings and measure the wheels to know what turbo you have.
  3. live4my4g63

live4my4g63 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    new smyrna beac, Florida
    i know you posted this 3 years ago but i just got the same turbo tonight and here is a link for it if you still want to know

Turbo Elements - #1 Online Source for Garrett Turbos
  4. Boosted6

Boosted6 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    chicago, Illinois
    Very Helpful as i also acquiered a garrett .70 compressor/.63 turbine Hybrid.
  5. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    ^ ^ ^

Still meaningless.

The compressor cover in question can have five possible compressor wheels beneath it...a 46-trim, a 50-trim, a 54-trim, a 57-trim, or a 60-trim; as well as countless turbine possibilities.

The bottom line is THERE'S NO WAY TO IDENTIFY A GARRETT TURBO'S WHEEL SPEC BY THE DESIGNATION ON THE COMPRESSOR COVER, YOU MUST REMOVE THE COVER(s) AND MEASURE THE WHEEL(s).
  6. 1gcrazy

1gcrazy Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Longmont, Colorado
    I hearby give thee life...

So are the turbine housings on these turbo's interchangable? I've got a twin scroll 1.15 on there now, i'd like to goto a dsm flange or at least away from the twin scroll to a single/T4 flange...
    If they are, how would I search for one?
  7. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Depends on what turbine wheel it uses.

You can buy whatever housing once you determine the turbine wheel spec on the turbo you're looking to run.