The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved A/C problem question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsx tuningart

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2005
Viterbo, Europe
Hi, i need of A/c circuit diagrams for 95 eclipse gsx.
i have all electric manual available ,but is for 97 99 and is different!
any help is appreciated!
I need the diagrams of this version a/c.

When i push the button on the dash , the transistor inside the A/C auto controller burn!
I checked all the components, and all is fine separately .
when is all togheter connected and push the button, the transistor burn and A/C not work

Attachments

• ac diagram.jpg
    ac diagram.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 392
  • transistor.jpg
    transistor.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
If either of the 2 diodes in the a/c controller are bad, it will toast that transistor so maybe one or both of them are shorted. Have you checked them while you are checking the transistor? Just a thought.

If either of the 2 diodes in the a/c controller are bad, it will toast that transistor so maybe one or both of them are shorted. Have you checked them while you are checking the transistor? Just a thought.

Hi, thanks for your reaply!
yes, check everything!
first time ,i have replaced a/c controller with other a/c controller.
The A/C start and work for a while ,like 2 minuts .
Then,the transistor burn again.
I have replaced the transistor for both a/c controller , but now burn immediatly when push the button and a/c never work.

That transistor feeds directly into the dual pressure switch then the temperature switch and finally to the compressor coil. If BOTH diodes are good in the a/c controller then, to me, it is putting too big of a load on the transistor and blowing it.
You COULD jumper wire the a/c relay and do an AMP DRAW on the power feed at to see how many amps are on it, but have you tried changing the a/c relay itself to be sure it isn't shorted, in turn, blowing the controller transistor? I am just looking at the schematic and seeing what could blow that and there isn't that much. I would put 2 new diodes in and a new transistor and unplug the a/c compressor at the compressor and turn on the circuit, it shouldn't blow but if it does, it is a short somewhere before it gets to the compressor.

He wants the AC circuit, not the fan relays. Try this:
Thanks guys,but this circuit diagram is for 97 99.
You Can see the a/c switch with One position ,One fin thermos sensor and the a/c ECU is easy in your diagram.
My car is 95 ,have a dual position a/c switch,two sensor (Fin thermo sensor and air temp sensor).
The A/c ECU is different!
I need the diagrams like yours,but for my version!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170906-211856.png
    Screenshot_20170906-211856.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20170906-212030.png
    Screenshot_20170906-212030.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I found this in another thread for problem with a/c .
so ,two version out there !
"I've also been wrestling with the MB946485 controller for a few days now. I hope this helps someone else out. After pouring over the wiring diagrams for the controller for a while and playing with a multimeter for a few hours, we now know the following:

1. MB946485 is a controller for DSM air conditioners that were manufactured with the two-step econ/regular button. I don't believe DSM's with the one step use this controller, as they use the newer type controller instead. (If anyone has ever seen otherwise let me know). The MB946485 has two inputs (blue, and blue/black wire), one for economy A/C, and one for regular. One wire is set to +12v for economy mode, and both are +12 for normal mode.

2. The adjustable dial on the MB946485 seems tocontrol the temperature differential between regular and economy modes. (Based on my limited understanding of reading circuits) See: 2g Eclipse Tech Info Manual Pages 7-36 and 7-38

3. MB946485 has TWO temperature sensor inputs, one for air temperature, and one for fin temperature. The fin temperature test from the shop manual works, but I cannot find one for the air temperature sensor. They do output separate readings, and are quite a bit off. The tech manual is the only proper documentation that I can find on this. My car has both sensors, and they both lead into the coolingunit, and are sealed with RTV.

4. The four yellow wires on the left hand side of the harness represent the two temperature sensors. The two wires that are closes together represent one sensor.

5. There are two grounds on the harness (black wires)

6. The red wire on the harness provides power to the unit.

7. The green wire with the orange stripe is for outputof both the A/C fan relay, and the loop that goes in the following order: Dual Pressure Switch > A/C Temp Sensor (compressor) > ECU. If you have a sensor that is not reading ON, then the A/C clutch will not engage. The A/C clutch binary value in DSMLink will be set to 0. With this controller, however, the A/C fan relay will be turned on regardless of whether the A/C clutch is engaging.

8. If you wish to test the circuit without the MB946485, simply unplug the harness and take apaper clip and plug it into the red and green/orange wires. The two temperature sensors will be bypassed and allow you to check out other sensors.

9. The MB946485 is a STURDY animal. Mine was acting a little strange, so I pulled the casing apart and found some corrosion between two of thesolder pads. I cleaned the traced and pads up with acetone, and the controller ran like it was brand new

Anybody answer your quesion or get you the diagram for the 95 double compressor switch yet? I got all the 95 service manuals when I purchase my 95 gst but they are only paper versions. I can scan them while I'm at work tomorrow if you still need it.

Anybody answer your quesion or get you the diagram for the 95 double compressor switch yet? I got all the 95 service manuals when I purchase my 95 gst but they are only paper versions. I can scan them while I'm at work tomorrow if you still need it.
Would be great!! Thanks a lot!

Here is the 1995 ac eletrical diagrams for both manual & auto.

Attachments

• 95 ac fsm.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back