The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

99 GST to a 97 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'99GST

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2012
Georgetown, Delaware
So heres the story, I was fifteen and my brothers good friend had bought a 99 gst. He said the person put the timing belt on wrong. So he suspected bent valves. He also said there was a eletrical system problem So we got it for $500.
Once i got into it i found:

Turboxs blow off valve
Turboxs Dual Stage Boost Controller
Brand new intercooler and piping in the trunk
Brand new head (with suspected bent valves)
Full 3 inch catback exhaust
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Some type of coil overs, havent got to it yet
B&M short shifter
Evo III 16g turbo
High flow down pipe

We were replacing the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, and the water pump. When we took it off there were two helicoiled bolts, and one broke. So we couldnt put it back on. We were gonna take it out so i could weld it. Im in collision repair in my high school. But we found a parts car... Which ill show later

I found a parts car here on dsmtuners. Its a 97 GSX with 130,000 miles. He said it had a good motor, but needed some things. The frame is twisted so the axles kept breaking, so we got it for $700 with tenzo wheels and nitto tires. It also has no name coilovers, and he had a 75 shot of nos set up haha. I then decided to swithc to the GSX because in my tech area at high school we have a frame straighting machine. So ill probably paint it when i bring it in.

Attachments

• old car.jpg
    old car.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 109
  • yellow interior.jpg
    yellow interior.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 79
  • yellow guages.jpg
    yellow guages.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 87
  • new intercooler.jpg
    new intercooler.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 98
  • yellow car old.jpg
    yellow car old.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks man

Sorry about the double post above

Better hope that frame comes out perfect... I'd be pissed if it still messed up axles and crap after all that work. But hell, looks like a sweet project.

Bumblebee DSM Style! haha. first yellow 2g ive ever seen. It looks like you got a steal though, i pray for you that frame straighten machine works:pray:

Anyways, how much is the drop? inches wise.

never seen a yellow 2g before, that must be a rare color? love it though suits the car well. good luck on the build man keep us posted.

Lol they dont and never had come in yellow, 1g or 2g..

Op, good deal but as said that frame better come out perfect.

Ya its been repainted before, looks like a great deal. and imo besides for your yellow in the interior, it looks great and its black 10/10. I wish i could find a good deal like this.

^^^ exactly, i wouldnt mess with a tweaked frame, put the good stuff onto the gst and sell the rest

I'll do a update later, but the frame will be find. The machine at school cost $35,000 hana so it measures to the millimeters.

How hard would it be to do a awd swap?

Yea true that's what I was thinking.

Keep the build updated, I thought and had hoped to see a GST to AWD conversion :D although i've already completed mine i love seeing the work that other peoplee put in and the individual methods of fabrications and the solving of some of the unique challenges that come along with the swap

Either way, should be a fun bvuild and hopefully you keep with it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back