The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

'99 GS - SRT4 engine swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picked this up off of crags list . It a very old quincy air compressor . Its a 80 gallon unit with a 175 psi ,single phase ,and 2 stage pump. I went thru it roughly and cleaned it and the changed oil . The only hard part that it needed was a diaphram . Its up and running like a champ. After confirming that it all worked broke it back down and put it down in the basement which was a pain. Now i have air that i need and piece a quite .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353853286066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353853286066.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 280
When this is finished it will be epic! He is thinking this build all the way through and making it top notch. Just hard because he works a lot and doesn't have much time to build it. wiring harness is going to be crazy with the srt-4 gauge cluster. So crazy infusing the two cars.

All so would like to thank this guy . For he got it so i could post picks up again. Thanks dude!

Man, you are going a great job on this car. I can't wait till it is finished. I was planing on maybe doing this. Or something different that hasn't been done.

Hope things are getting better for you as I know they will. Life has some bad cards. Not been the best year for me. But things are getting better. Hope you the best.

Thanks for your comments. I haven't given up on this project but have slowed down till the time becomes more available .

Picked this up off of crags list . It a very old quincy air compressor . Its a 80 gallon unit with a 175 psi ,single phase ,and 2 stage pump. I went thru it roughly and cleaned it and the changed oil . The only hard part that it needed was a diaphram . Its up and running like a champ. After confirming that it all worked broke it back down and put it down in the basement which was a pain. Now i have air that i need and piece a quite .

Aww you posted a pic all by yourself! I'm so proud! Btw happy birthday in 17 minutes.

I just read this entire thread. I found it because I was thinking about putting an srt-4 engine down In my 99 eclipse RS. It has answered a lot of the questions I have had. Keep up the good work and let us know how it all works out

I definitely give you props for doing all of this hard work. I think I'm going to take the easy way out and just use a 2.4 from a cloud car. All the wiring on those are basically plug and play, just have to relocate the engine mount.

I definitely give you props for doing all of this hard work. I think I'm going to take the easy way out and just use a 2.4 from a cloud car. All the wiring on those are basically plug and play, just have to relocate the engine mount.

^^^^ if only it was that easy! Call me crazy but there is a lot more then an engine mount to consider good sir!

But OP, this is a pretty awesome build, any updates as to when you may have this running or you just playing by ear and working on it as time goes?

Hi there, I just pick up a compressor similar to yours it is a campbell housfeld, glad to hear you are coming along, I needed more air than my other unit was giving me this has an 85 tank, 5 HP motor.
You mentioned replacing the diaphram, 2 things, you need a guard around the pulleys, you know they can chew up hoses, extension cords etc, I can not see it since it may be the box in the back but your motor probably draws 25 amps, if that is the case you also need an electromagnet box to start an stop, besides your pressurestat, this is to protect your motor and pressurestat, it is not needed in the smaller units that dont draw as many amps.
They are not cheap, you can run it just off the stat for a while but it is not advisable as the stats will not last long.

Best of luck on your build.

Mandy

Its actually up and running. Its down in the basement and the garage is upper floor. It is now hard lined and the wiring is 220 which is on the back side. The motor is a 3 1/2 hp with a Max rpm of 3,400 . No mag start needed. This is very old tech built to last. This is a 1930s to 1940s era compresor. As far as the belt guard is concerned I'm not worried, its not in a well traveled area of the house.

Good to hear that, mine is a 1999, it is really nice to have air, remember your air filter and pressure regulator for different tools, I also have about 100 ft of aluminum lines, with the outlets and connectors, best to you in these holidays.

Mandy

Well do to another purchase the swap has been temporarily halted and some of the parts are being diverted to a 99 gst spd spyder

More info is in the hangout section of the forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356833655412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356833655412.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 264
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back