The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 98 GSX, Is the tune looking any better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas:
I rewmember adjusting the biss screw until the stream read "30" but i'll readjust that too. I'm not certain when it comes to ISC adjustments... I did a search here, and found your (25 top tuning tips) very nice read!!! if I'm not totally inconveniencing you, could you link me to an ISC adjustment thread/wiki/video??

I don't have any specific threads that I could think of. If you search isc/biss adjustment you will find a lot of threads. Trust me on that one. Jafromobile has a video on youtube too.

Well, after adjusting the MBC 4 or 5 times, boostEST is saying ~19psi, my aem digital boost gauge is saying ~19psi, but AEM35 MAP sensor in link is saying ~14psi, must I calibrate the sensor??? Heres a 3rd gear pull from 2200 to 7k RPM, running 19psi, I looked at the log and theres .4degrees of knock and .7 in 1 area, ill look at the afr's, and see if I can add fuel, if not... should I pull a degree in the corresponding cells?

Attachments

• log.2017.07.14-02.elg
    375 KB · Views: 31
boostdawd:
why 2 degrees for such tiny knock? or is ANY sort of knock not tolerable? how would I smooth out the cells?? pull 2 degrees right at the troublespot, or more of a circular motion all around the cell? i'll read up on some ecmlink wiki's..

:banghead:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Brett:
Okay... it has only taken 203 posts, but I believe I am, finally grasping what has been taught from these posts. Tonite I got a 1900 - 7000rpm log, @ 23psi, with no knock. I did notice afrest and wideband are seperating by as much as 7%. Meaning, check the Hz of the separation, and adjust mafcomp +/- the % wbfactor is off? I really suck at navigating the GUI, and don't know how to highlight multiple timing cells, then right click and use the smoothing utility. I'm not certain of the method. Or do I know HOW to smooth out timing. I can track datalog, and see exactly the cell in question, but what is rule of thumb as far as.... selecting WHICH cells to smooth the pull of 1 in question? and Yes!, I'm aware my tpsvolts are not within parameters... I will tackle that again....

Attachments

• log.2017.07.17-03.elg
    121.7 KB · Views: 38
Well, imagine that. You leaned out the fuel table, dialed in the MAF half way decent, and now no knock? Albeit, on measly timing advance, but progress is progress I suppose.

Now, if you could just properly adjust your TPS and actually let the car see true WOT we might be getting somewhere.

UNCHECK the f***ing box that says "Enable TPS adjustments". I swear to baby Jesus, if you post another log with the TPS adjust feature enabled, I'm going to reach through this computer screen and punch you in the mouth once for every time I had to type out TPS in one of your threads. From here on out, you are no longer allowed to use the TPS cheat feature.

Seriously. Really. Seriously. Fix the TPS sensor, dude. This isn't rocket science. If you can dial in your MAF, you can fix a TPS sensor.

Bahaha. I saw stiggity posted another 3rd gear pull. it's loaded in my tab but before I opened it I saw Bretts response.. *backs slowly out of the room*

How do you log pound a minute in airflow pid? I can not find the info how to do it. Thanks.

Right click on the graph chart, then select units preferences. Select the desired preferences and done.

@GST with PSI
spent ~2hours trying to get my tps adjusted. If I get it locked at .61v, when I start the engine it reads .63v. But!!! I disabled tps adjustments, got Link too see .63 at idle, but going WOT, I can only see 92% throttle pos in Link. Looks like I need a new tps. Each time I line it up so link is saying .59v I snug up the bottom bolt, then the top one, and the volts creep to .61v once tightened.....then when the engine is running I see .63v but can get any more than 90-92% WOT... this is even operating the throttle by hand.... so, I did a tps adjustment, and again.. link is saying .63v, but wot only reads 99% throttle pos.

I'm just going to buy a new TPS..

Okay... i understand how/when to pull timing.. smooth out the cells, etc. Also, if i click on the stream, and choose track datalog, the cell in question is highlighted. Here's my question..
whats the easiest way to add timing? what can i monitor in my logs, that would give me a good starting point. Let's say i start adding timing, and screw up.. can i start over? or start over from the last save to ECU? I assume find where theres a beginning and ending of load on the engine, and add a few degree's, smooth out existing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back