The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

98 GST Spyder AUTO FWD Tranny stuck 1/2 way , Have hoist/toolsWill pay $$(Hermitage, PA/Ohio Line)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cougar232

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 1, 2011
Shenango Valley, Pennsylvania
I had a buddy come down from Michigan to Hermitage PA 16148 to assist with the swapping of my leaking 98 Spyder Turbo OEM (99k miles). We got everything disconnected and I have 1 bolt on rear tranny mount stuck(Mapp gas couldn't break it either). But I dont want to disconnect engine and lower by myself I almost have enough clearance but stuck on converter and I'm sure I'm not pulling it out properly myself and need experience. I do have it 1inch off the motor and can see flexplate and start of converter. I am willing to Pay$$ for the labor to swap in the other auto tranny and its 1 bolt and old tranny is out. All bolts labeled in zip lock bags and have everything on site besides small compressor/air tools may help put back together but not required unless you have. please If someone can get down here on the weekend or on a Friday or Monday I will even take a day off of work if needed too. I can also arrange a hotel overnight if needed, but this should be a full day at most with re-assembly, just need this work done by someone familiar with DSM. I am ready and car is 1 bolt and we can drop motor if it helps it clear. I really need someone that can do this ASAP! PLZ!. Thanks Cell 7248139710 . Phil

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back