The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

98 eclipse starter relay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lingus

Probationary Member
Oct 22, 2009
Crestview, Florida
Where the hell is this thing? I'm getting conflicting statements. Some say its on the firewall, others are saying its under the stereo. The one under the stereo has 5 horizontal pins on the relay itself, and I'm under the impression that the manual version is supposed to have 4.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The manual transmission starter relay is a 4 prong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, shit. I replaced it and my starter, and it still wont turn over or make a sound. I hear a whirring when i flip it to accessory. Ignition switch or clutch switch maybe?

Did you have the old starter checked out before replacing? I oversee a major shop and on occasions we will get a defective starter from the parts department. I would diagnos the problem first before I start replacing parts. It gets awful expensive just replacing parts. That's the job of the mechanic.

Yea, I had the old starter tested. It was completely bad, so I replaced it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back