The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 98 Eclipse GST engine swap options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Weisner

Probationary Member
Jun 24, 2017
Vienna, Virginia
Wondering what options other than the 4g63 and the 420a I have for an engine swap on a 98 gst eclipse with 560cc injectors and evo turbo... please help very new to this

Wondering what options other than the 4g63 and the 420a I have for an engine swap on a 98 gst eclipse with 560cc injectors and evo turbo... please help very new to this

LS6, V8 all the things!!!!

But seriously, why would you want to swap out the 4G63, is there something wrong with it? You've got a decent setup to start with if it has an E16G and 560 injectors, if you want more from your GST build up the motor and get a bigger turbo then swap to an AWD drivetrain.

I wouldn't swap another engine in unless it was a 4g64. Can't put a 420a in without a lot of fabrication, and the fact that would be totally pointless. If you're looking for unique, go rwd, but need plenty of $$ and fabrication for that too.

The 4G63/64 hybrid sounds interesting. Are there any guides out there for building one on a budget? I don't have huge power goals so the motor doesn't really need to be overbuilt, but it would be nice to get something like an Evo III 16G and have it spool like a 14b or T25.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back