The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 non turbo to turbo swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanderso

Probationary Member
May 9, 2013
California, Kentucky
I have a 97 eclipse spyder with the non turbo engine and auto trans. how hard would it be to do a turbo engine swap with manual trans?
thanks

I have a 97 eclipse spyder with the non turbo engine and auto trans. how hard would it be to do a turbo engine swap with manual trans?
thanks

If i were you unless you got a lot of cash and shit ton of time I'd just buy an awd 2g and do a 6 bolt swap

Basically replace the engine, wire harness/added sensors that go with the 4g63T, replace the transmission, ECU, probably the axles, add an intercooler, turbo, change out the pedal assembly, add a clutch master cylinder/clutch line/slave cylinder, swap out the shifter & shifter cables, swap out the center console... and probably some other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. How hard it is depends on how good you are at working on cars. I'm sure if you search for it you'll find out what is involved in the swap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back