The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 GSX do i have a crank walk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamal_GSX

Probationary Member
Apr 4, 2011
Brampton, ON_Canada
Hey there guys,

I'm a newbie to the site and i have some concerns about my 97 gsx, and hopefully i don't have a CW.

last month i had a sticky clutch but not just turning the left it just sticks all the time so i went ahead and replaced my slave and master cylinders,also bled the car so many times but still the issue occurs.. what i get now is that when i push in the pedal it goes in and i can change gears but it comes only halfway up and i have to use my feet to pull it back out and push it again to change gears but then when i change gears i have no problem and the car runs fine, but when i push down on the pedal it goes all the way in and only comes halfway up.. if i don't pull it back with my feet it'll start reeving and wont move.

it seems if something is weak and the pedal does not have any pressure to come back up fully

can anyone help me out here

and its hard finding anyone who works with DSM in the GTA so if anybody knows anyone that works with DSM in Canada Toronto area let me know please.

There's only one way to tell for sure, get down there and measure crankshaft endplay.

I did all of that and everything seems okay, but now this is my situation:

1) i think somethings wrong with my clutch pedal itself [ the spring ] because it feels kind of weak , i bled the fluid and everything and adjusted it but when ever i hold it down it doesn't come back out , so to bypass that i actually used a bungee cord to hook on to the pedal and somewhere onto the body, so when i drive the car and press the clutch the bungee pulls back the pedal, so now iam just guessing its the spring on the pedal itself?

2) i have a worn out clutch from driving before without proper disengagement of the pedal because whenever i park at home or anywhere i smell BURNT clutch like its nasty and i heard its always good to replace the stock clutch if so which ones good to replace?

if you bled it right its all in the adjustment of the rod beleive me i have the same issue with adjusting these dam things. its all in that lil rod. and if u smell the clutch when u park its because its dragging which comes from not being adjusted right. on ## other question which is a good upgrade ive always used ACT i like their product has never failed me. but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. you might want to sit down one day and read up on some of your major clutch companies and use your own opinion cause when it comes down to it, its what best fits your needs and wants :hellyeah:

Hey there guys,

I'm a newbie to the site and i have some concerns about my 97 gsx, and hopefully i don't have a CW.

last month i had a sticky clutch but not just turning the left it just sticks all the time so i went ahead and replaced my slave and master cylinders,also bled the car so many times but still the issue occurs.. what i get now is that when i push in the pedal it goes in and i can change gears but it comes only halfway up and i have to use my feet to pull it back out and push it again to change gears but then when i change gears i have no problem and the car runs fine, but when i push down on the pedal it goes all the way in and only comes halfway up.. if i don't pull it back with my feet it'll start reeving and wont move.

it seems if something is weak and the pedal does not have any pressure to come back up fully

can anyone help me out here

and its hard finding anyone who works with DSM in the GTA so if anybody knows anyone that works with DSM in Canada Toronto area let me know please.

hey homie u have one of the best dsm shops in your area in MAGNUS MOTORSPORTS call them up im sure they will help u out with the issues on the whip....they also do more work on 2g dsm ...good luck

Magnus Motorsports

i had the EXACT same problem when i was on the highway for longer than 10-15 min without using the clutch. it would stick and not come back up. Magnus Motorsports fixed it for me. took honestly 20 min or so. was well worth it. PM me if you want further info. also i see that ## in Brampton, we should hav a dsm meet soon time!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back