The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 front end conversion and other mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabriel_dsm

Proven Member
Mar 27, 2014
bakersfield, California
Okay im new to the DSM community i upgraded from my lil honda and bought a 95 eclipse 2.0 non turbo automatic! and i have big plans for this car. i want to do the 97-99 eclipse front end conversion but i ran into a bit if a problem! my front end currently has fog lights. they turn on as soon as i turn on my head lights i dont havee a switch to turn the fogs off and on so im wondering when i take off the bumper what do i do to take off the fog lights and wires! i dont wanna cause a shortage or something please help me out!! also im accepting any feedback on future upgrades as far as apperance! heres a few things im going to do:

97-99 front end conversion
Gsx spoiler
97 Halo projector headlights
6k HID
exhaust(not sure what brand yet)
AEM intake
Headers
2" drop
xxr531
LED reverse bulbs and LED interior(dome, and pedal area)
carbon fiber hood
fog lights for the 97-99 front end
bride seats and 4 point harness seat belts

below is my Eclipse as it sits now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 100
Start with all maintenance such as oil change, coolant flush, belt changes, check vacuum hoses. Basically make sure your car is reliable before you start modding but to me you seem to have a good list for decent upgrades.

If you have the stock connectors at your fog lights then take it off and put tape around the connector. Otherwise mark the cables which goes where, cut them and isolate them with tape or something else

agreed, preventative maintenance should always come first

You won't cause a shortage just by not connecting the fog lights. You definitely want to secure it so they aren't just dangling or getting wet from water though. Good luck with the conversion!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back