The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

97 Eclipse GSX, DSMer since 2002, my first AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabenne

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2006
Racine, Wisconsin
Hey guys,

been a DSM owner now since 2002. I have owned them all, eclipses, talons, even a laser rs. Ive had turbo and NT, but I have never done the AWD thing yet.

This is my AWD build. I just purchased the car from another member on these formus. Its a 97 Eclipse GSX. Its in pretty rough shape right now. But slowly over the next couple months it will become the home for my 2.3L stroker with 50 trim.

Im starting out just removing all the old rusty crap that is in my way. I have been finding rust here and there, so I have decided to strip off all the rust and repaint the engine bay.

Up to this point, as the picture will show, Ive just kinda been playing around with it. I knocked a bunch of rust off with a wire wheel, but she still has a very long way to go.

The car was originally silver, but I am panda fan, so the engine bay is going be be shot white. This will allow me to swap the engine in and take the car for paint as a running car. since the engine bay will be white already I wont have to pull the engine to do it later.

I also will be removing the front subframe. I purchased a set of aluminum subframe bushings from Adam Porto here on the freelancers section. I plan to wait until they arrive, then pull the subframe and install them. After that, its off to the powder coaters unless I can think of a reasonbly priced comparable alternative to powder coating.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
We have similar stories man. I was on this board when dsmtrader.com was the place to go for parts. I had a GST and after being out of the game I jumped on a GSX. I'm gonna stay tuned to your journal and see what develops. good luck!

My new compressor and subframe bushings. Gearing up!

Here are the pics. Was having a glitch or stupid moment and could add with an edit... Sorry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 52
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back