The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

'97 Eclipse GST - DD/Drag

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinturbo120

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2010
Miami, Florida
So I decided I'm going to start a journal. My plans for my GST are for it to be super clean for daily driving and then hook up some slicks to drag. This begins with the interior LOL I've seen worse interiors but god is this carpet gross :notgood: I'm going to build the engine with manley rods and pistons, still undecided about the machine work, freshen up the head and see if the tranny is still good. Ultimate goal is 11's, I will be using a H1E.

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

Time to take a seat you chair! Get it? Since I'm taking it out haha :ohdamn:
IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Time for a bath!
IMG_0815.jpg

In the coming weeks I'm going to start taking out the dash to change the cluster to sliver just like the 99 Eclipse :thumb:
I also need to find out if any wires are stripped causing a ground or something because I'm still getting a battery drain. And I found a suspicious wire under the dash connecting to something inside the dash. Stay tuned.

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

Last edited:
So new update! I did this back in July, I have been slacking -.- But anyway, I yanked the motor and tranny. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In the coming weeks I'm going to practice painting, because I'm going to paint the car myself. My hood is trash, so I'm going to practice on that. But anyway, here are some pics!

This is right before pulling it, with all the connectors/etc disconnected.
IMAG0219_zpsad9c2569.jpg

Starting the process
IMAG0223_zps8ca328f3.jpg

IMAG0222_zps38da3820.jpg

Almost there!
IMAG0227_zpsa7c4a813.jpg

Apparently it came with a 6-puck and a 2600PP :confused:
IMAG0228_zps5243ce41.jpg

Done.
IMAG0230_zps1e82d36c.jpg

On the stand
IMAG0233_zps49796ab0.jpg

Nothing on it =O
IMAG0266_zpsc7858c02.jpg

This is this less than 12k miles :barf:
IMAG0250_BURST002_zps162639d8.jpg

Look closely in the housing, WTF IS THAT?!?!
IMAG0259_zpsc3a99a45.jpg

My little bastard is a world of a difference almost like a different care... it def puts as mile on our faces LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back