The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

96 Talon TSI FWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright, figured I'd update you guys who have been helping me out so much with all my questions on here. So, I bought the car from my cousin who built it in Colorado while he was stationed there. Have had it since June of 2016. Never owned a turbo car before, and never owned an import either. But the deal was too good to pass up. When he took me out in it, I knew I had to have it. The first time I felt that boost build I was hooked. Problem is, it's pushing close to 400 HP on an EVO III 16G. Second gear synchro is toast in the F5M33, so I have to save to get it rebuilt... Long story short, I have a hard time saving money. Hoping it will be on the road by spring. Been caught up in other projects, helping family and friends wrench on their cars, and trying to find a new daily (4.3 in my S10 is dying). So, I will be trying to document the entire build process as I go. My current goals are just to get the car on the road. Maintenance, and learning to tune also come with the current goals. Then, eventually, once I feel I've got a good amount of understanding, building for more power. This isn't my first build, but I am also not a master mechanic by any means. I know my way around a car, but only just about enough to get myself in trouble. :thumb: I will try to update as progress goes, and get some pictures of the car up soon. Thanks everyone for all the help so far, glad to be a part of the DSM community.

Well, ladies and gents, I got her on the road this Saturday, and oh god is it fun! I had to get it out before the winter hit, so I needed to get it registered and insured. Once that was done, it was time to bleed the clutch master cylinder again, because I suspected it may have been the problem. Well, no dice there. But while driving it, I did find out that if you baby it into second gear, it does not grind. So I set out to get some seat time in the car! Drove it to work Monday and Tuesday. Got a ticket for failure to yield on an empty road where the only car around was a cop, who I didn't see until I was already in the intersection. Left it home Wednesday, but because of problems my brother was having with his car, I had to let him borrow my daily, so the DSM saved the day there. Drove it to work today too, and I love this car. Got a few issues to figure out still, but I'm gonna be working on them this weekend. There's a problem with it idling down and dying when I put the clutch in, which I suspect may be a vacuum leak, because the BOV is not recirculated. The spot on the intake is capped off, but not very well at all. Either that, or I start hunting for issues on a car I did not mod, which will be a blast... Also Dash lights do not work currently, so I'm praying that will be a simple fix. In the mean time, I bought a stick on light from Autozone and stuck it on the top of the steering column cover. It provides just enough light for me to see the Tachometer, Speedometer, and fuel gauge, but that's it. Can't upload pictures from my work computer, but I will work on it later.

Alright. So I know an update has been a long time coming now, but I have been very busy lately with everything. Just finished my finals for my classes last week though, so I have a little bit of time now. Got the dash lights fixed(sort of). Just have it connector on the harness jumped with a paper clip for now wrapped in electrical tape, until I can get some time to make an actual jumper. Then there's the BOV issue. That's also kinda rigged for now too, but I wanna go with a 3" GM MAF so I can vent it anyways, so that's fine for now. I found some 1 1/4 " Coolant hose and some High temp PVC 90° bends, and kinda made my own recirc tube. Doesn't stall anymore. So that's one issue solved. Now only a million more to go. Trans is the next thing I wanna get tackled, but I gotta find out what I'm gonna do about my DD situation first. Car is up for the winter now, as we've been getting snow here for the last few weeks. Trying to save money for a trans now, but we'll see how that goes.
14632627_10202613779422984_142934382_o.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back