The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: The Gold Digger AKA Rust Bucket (Resto Mod, Wire Tuck, etc)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurred Talon

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Paradise, NL_Canada
Index:

Post 1: History, Bringing Her Home.
Post 2: Summer-Fall 2009
Post 3: Winter 2009 - Black Housing headlights and HID Retro #2
Post 4: Spring 2010 - Rusty Strut Towers Repaired, Retro installed and Smoked Tail Lights.
Post 5 & 6: Summer 2010: Maintenance, Mods and a Road Trip!
Post 11: Interior Strip Down, Dying to black and S2000 cluster swap
Post 12: More interior dying, rewrapping the door panels, arm rest and privacy cover, HID Retro #3 and Finding The Rust OMG
Post 13: Evo 3 16G Rebuild and more HID Retro Work
Post 14: Repairing the Rust!
Post 15: 97 Talon Bumper, IM gasket change, EDM Mirrors
Post 16: Fall/Winter 2011 - Starting the wire tuck, Electric water pump, Speed Density, JMF SMIM, Electro-Hydraluic Power Steering
Post 19: Wiring Harnes
Post 20: Chasebay's Firewall Plug Kit, LED stuff
Post 21: CF Wrapping Interior Pieces, Soda Blasting Center Tail Light, Cannon Plug Mock Up, S2000 Cluster Bezel Fabrication
Post 29: I'm still alive! Cleaning the shop and starting to mount the fuse box
Post 39: Fusebox Mounting
Post 40: Starting The Wire Tuck: Mocking Things Up, Mounting Firewall Cannon Plug
Post 47: Fender well Cannon Plugs
Post 48: Engine/ECU Wirng Harness
Post 53: New Parts!
Post 59: S2000 Cluster Electronics Wired, Switches and a Dry Erase Board
Post 71: Shop Clean up, Remote Mount ISC, Q45 TB Mods, More S2000 work,Push Lock Vacuum Lines, Terminating Engine Cannon Plug
Post 72: Engine Harness Ready For Final Fit, F6 Sleeving arrives, Catches For Airbag cover
Post 74: Testing The Engine Harness For Electrical Issues, Test Fit Of Chassis Harness, Battery Tray Mount Fab'd, Engine side harness Sleeved
Post 82: ECU Side Wiring cleaned up and Cannon Plug terminated, COP parts, Tial BOV and Polishing
Post 83: Finalized Fuse Box

Informative Articles/DIYs I've Written:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...-chassis-rewire-tuck-fuse-box-relocation.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-electrical-wiring/415531-oem-relays-mr122409-pin-outs.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...r-panel-inserts-arm-rest-cargo-cover-etc.html

Other Projects:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...lighting-96-talon-tsi-awd-led-conversion.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/382910-s2000-cluster-swap.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/399836-dying-your-interior-black.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/342224-my-hid-retro-fit.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...381573-hid-retro-number-3-2ga-headlights.html

To Do:
Wire Tuck
Eletro-Hydraluic Power Steering (MR2 OEM System)
HID Retro
LED Conversion - Every bulb on the car will be LED, no more incandescent lighting!
Speed Density Conversion - have the parts
Turbo set up - Either the 16G or something....more....... :hmm:
Lots of other plans that I don't feel like sharing yet.

History:

I bought my DSM in May of 2009. Prior to owning my DSM, I owned a 93 Integra GS-R with quite a bit of suspension work done to it and I had almost all the parts to turbo charge it. Then some dumb bi*** back into it (long story) and the car was deemed a total loss. So between the insurance money and selling off all the parts I decided to buy myself a DSM finally (always wanted one). I looked at many sketchy examples before finally deciding on my car. It was completely stock down to the OEM CD Player apart from being lowered.
IMGP4811.jpg

IMGP4813.jpg

IMGP4810.jpg

IMGP4816.jpg

Last edited:
Shortly after buying it I bought an Extreme PSI Intake.
Intake001.jpg

O2 dump
IMGP5089.jpg

Megan Downpipe
IMG00145.jpg

Megan Cat Back
CatBack002.jpg

Removing the old stuff.
IMGP0147.jpg

IMGP0150.jpg

CatBack003.jpg

New hotness
IMGP0152.jpg

IMGP5079.jpg

IMGP5078.jpg

Video of my buddy ripping through the gears.
o2 dump 0001 - YouTube

Idle and rev.
Megan Racing Cat Back - YouTube

I also installed a bunch of gauges at this point in time.
AEM Tru Boost and Wide Band O2, Dakota Digital Water Temp, Pro Sport Oil Pressure and Temp and Fuel Pressure.
IMGP0364.jpg

IMGP0366.jpg

TempMissionControl003.jpg

After that I put an Eclipse bumper on.
IMGP0247.jpg

Then I repainted my window trim.
IMGP0050.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

I bought a Symborski shift kit and RTM shift cable bushings.
Old and busted
IMGP0511.jpg

New Hotness:
IMGP0510.jpg

Soft and flaccid.
IMGP0516.jpg

Like a rock!
IMGP0515.jpg

Over the winter I worked on a few various small projects.
First was I painted my headlight shrouds black.
IMGP0519.jpg

IMGP0521.jpg

IMGP0523.jpg

IMGP0534.jpg

At the same time I was working on doing HID Retrofit number 2, what happened to number 1? Well it was a horrible failure and will never see the light of day. After now doing 3 retros on 2Gs I will say this much, our headlights are VERY small so choose your projectors wisely. Quad projectors like I attempted here will not sure in OEM housings and to work in aftermarket one you will need to make a custom bezel/shroud.
IMGP0248.jpg

IMGP0284.jpg

IMGP0278.jpg

I made a jig to aim the lights on.
IMGP0321.jpg

IMGP0315.jpg

Pretty much ready to go on.
IMGP0663.jpg

Before I put the retro on though, I wanted to take care of the strut tower rust on my car. A visit to a fellow Club DSM Canada member and some multi colored bills later, no more rusty strut towers.

Rusty...
IMGP0297.jpg

IMGP0298.jpg

IMGP0299.jpg

IMGP0300.jpg

Driver side fixed!
IMGP0305.jpg

IMGP0310.jpg

Passenger side
IMGP0306.jpg

IMGP0307.jpg

IMGP0311.jpg

I then smoked my Tail lights.

Lots of sanding, prep work is key!
IMGP0525.jpg

Done!
Not too dark, just a nice light smoke. Exactly what I wanted.
IMGP0528.jpg

IMGP0529.jpg

I also pulled apart my center section and did the Tarantula mod.
IMGP0576.jpg

IMGP0564.jpg

Then the retro went on the car.
IMGP0705.jpg

IMGP0706.jpg

IMGP0721.jpg

IMGP0711.jpg

And the tails of course.
IMGP0661.jpg

IMGP0849.jpg

Around the Summer of 2010 my gf and I decided to move back to Newfoundland from Ontario. Before I could drive it around 1500-2000km across the country I needed to do some maintenance and of course I squeezed a few mods in too.

Timing belt, BSE, Gasket kit, VC gasket, plug wires and front brakes rounded out my maintenance.
IMGP0764.jpg

IMGP0767.jpg

IMGP0762.jpg

IMGP0760.jpg

IMGP0768.jpg

IMGP0763.jpg

My clutch was also starting to slip so I decided to replace it. I got a good deal on a lightly used ACT 2600 PP, bought a brand new street disc and Fidanza flywheel. Plus OEM TOB, shift fork and pivot ball along with a new master, slave and SS line to connect the two.
IMGP0788.jpg

IMGP0779.jpg

IMGP0750.jpg

IMGP0758.jpg

IMGP0774.jpg

IMGP0788.jpg

Found a 14B for cheap, got a new manifold to replace my cracked stocker, new 4 layer gasket and studs and 14B install kit.
IMGP0751.jpg

IMGP0775.jpg

IMGP0778.jpg

IMGP0777.jpg

IMGP0766.jpg

Picked up ECM Link V3 Lite.
IMGP0783.jpg

Also brand new lifters, ARP headstuds, Prothane mounts and HKS 272 bump sticks :D
IMGP0757.jpg

IMGP0761.jpg

IMGP0759.jpg

IMGP0785.jpg

Since I was living in an apartment, I couldn't do any of this work so another Club DSM Canada Member to the rescue and he did the work for me.
Motor pulled.
IMGP0803.jpg

T25 and cracked stock manifold.
IMGP0805.jpg

AC Parts.
IMGP0806.jpg

Motor going back together.
IMGP0818.jpg

Ready to be dropped back in.
IMGP0824.jpg

Her heart is beating again.
IMGP0825.jpg

This is when I've had the most fun with my car; the 14B and 272s REALLY woke this thing up. It was completely awesome to drive; power all over it felt like and not to mention a really sweet idle.
2G DSM HKS 272 Cam Idle - YouTube

She looked pretty sweet too.
IMGP0846.jpg

IMGP0847.jpg

IMGP0850.jpg

IMGP0855.jpg

IMGP0854.jpg

However, when doing all this I also found out about the rust. Due to excessive rust I couldn't bolt my front motor mount back in, the bolt holes on the lower rad support where rusted away. I was told not to beat on it and it would get me across the country. Of course, I didn't listen :(
Shortly after getting in New Brunswick, the car started to shake violently. I pulled over and looked the car over; couldn't find and anything. Started to slowly move it forward when BANG! Still running though so the motor was ok LOL. Turns out that since the front mount was not there is was causing excessive stress on the other 3 and the driver side motor mount bolts sheared off which allowed the engine to drop and the axle came apart. So there I stood on the side of the road over 200km away from family that I was going to spend the night with and I was stuck. I had no road side assistance, nothing. Thankfully a gentleman stopped for me and used his CAA membership to get me towed to a garage he knew and my family could pick me up since it was in Fredricton; there's still good people out there.

I only took 1 picture in my entire drive across the country of the car but I think it's pretty cool.
IMGP0941.jpg

I've still got a TON more to post but I've got to head out now. I will put more up here later on.

I'm excited! Now please correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this the car you were doing an s2k cluster swap into? Or am I spoiling the future pics? Lol

:shhh:

When I got the car home I headed to my parents place. They had some room so I could store and work on it there.

This is when I decided to start dying my interior over to black so I stripped out some of the interior and loaded into the Tracker.
IMGP1065.jpg

IMGP1064.jpg

IMGP1063.jpg

I used all SEM Products for this, the color I'm using is Landau Black.
Here's some videos I made recently talking about and showing the process; they are long!
Part 1
Dying My Talon's Interior Part 1 - YouTube

Part 2
Dying My Talon Interior Part 2 - YouTube

Part 3. This focuses a lot of prep work and my door panels. Prep work is KEY....Prep work, prep work, prep work, prep work, prep work. Also this was shot with my Galaxy S2 so sorry.
Dying My Talon's Interior Part 3 - Talking About Door Panels - YouTube

Here's some of the stuff when I was first starting to dye it.
IMGP1037.jpg

IMGP1084.jpg

Couple weekends after I went and pulled my dash out.
IMG00024.jpg

With the dyed air bag cover.
IMGP1086.jpg

It was around this time I decided to do this.
IMGP1106.jpg

IMGP1104.jpg

The cluster swap was certainly something else. I had to make my own pin outs for the Talon cluster; which I lost in a hard drive crash :(
Size difference.
IMGP1267.jpg

Starting to wire it all up.
IMGP1225.jpg

IMGP1226.jpg

Once this was done I could go and test it on the car.
IMGP1248.jpg

IMGP1249.jpg

Video:
S2000 Cluster Test In 96 Talon - YouTube

Here's all the various electronics to control it; A Modifry ECT Converter, Speedohealer V4, Autometer Tachometer Adapter (Hondas use a regular tach output and DSMs don't. Now I think an Ignition Box like the ARC-2 or MSD with the tach output will put out the correct signal therefore making the Autometer unneeded. I haven't tested this yet though), 12V to 5V converter for the Modifry chip. The fuse blocks powered it and the big box was a shift light. I have since scrapped this set up, the wiring was a nightmare and I'm completely redoing it.
IMGP2098.jpg

Here's what the dash and cluster looked like installed in the Summer of 2011, it's out again now though because I'm redoing it.
IMGP2159.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From their I moved on to more interior work.
First I dyed my door panels and dash.
IMGP1087.jpg

IMGP1157.jpg

I also rewrapped my arm rest, door panel inserts and privacy cover with some new fabric.
IMGP1101.jpg

IMGP1115.jpg

IMGP1117.jpg

I also picked up all the parts to do a 3rd and final retro on my Talon. This is to be the be all end all of retros for my car, using nothing but the best parts.
Acura TL Bi Xenon Projectors w/ clear lenses installed. No other mods.
E46-R Extended Shrouds (might change these)
Bosch AL Gen 2 Ballasts - these are modified by none other then azdave himself; they are adjustable via a rotary switch from 35W to 70W
Phillips Lumileds in Amber for turn signals - I've got some ideas floating around in my head for these.
Osram Cool Blue Intense D2S bulbs - I still need to buy these.
IMGP1180.jpg

I started to do the retro but I buggered it up. I got some 50k OEM housings from a friend and started a new but that wasn't until the spring of next year.

The next thing I start to do was poke around the shell to find rust and well the pictures will do the talking.
Wheel wells.
IMGP0963.jpg

IMGP0964.jpg

Hatch
IMGP1062.jpg

Trunk pans.
IMGP1047.jpg

IMGP1048.jpg

IMGP1049.jpg

Rad support.
IMGP1060.jpg

Floor pans.
IMGP1254.jpg

IMGP1255.jpg

Thankfully the floor pans were pretty good, just surface rust so I used a wire wheel to knock it down and repainted it all.
IMGP1260.jpg

IMGP1261.jpg

This brings us to the Winter of 2010.
I had picked up an EVO 3 16G before moving to NL, I was told it had very little shaft play. I've come to realized when people say no shaft play they mean 'It needs a rebuild but I just want to sell it.' So I bought a rebuild kit and thanks to jusmx141 posts, rebuilt it.
IMGP1945.jpg

IMGP2185.jpg

IMGP2186.jpg

IMGP2187.jpg

I then started to work on my retro again, my buddy had set of mint 2Ga headlights with only about 50k on them so I scooped them up.
IMGP2026.jpg

I then had to do something about my ballasts not being water proof so I picked up some MG Chemicals Two Part Potting Compound and potted them. This will keep them from crapping out in the rain.
IMGP2077.jpg

Before potting.
IMGP2082.jpg

After potting.
IMGP2083.jpg

Now when I first mounted these projectors I used epoxy, bad idea. It couldn't stand up to the stress and shook a lot. So I decided to go with the JNC method: JnC's Mounting Method (with Rotational Adj Capability)
I was nervous about this because of how big these projectors are but it worked great.
To anyone wishing to copy my TL retro don't. It's a complete PITA, these things are huge and don't fit in the headlights as you will see later on.
Mounted.
IMGP2265.jpg

Rotational adjustment screws and pitch screw.
IMGP2267.jpg

I think started to trim the shroud.
IMGP2268.jpg

I cut a lot off.
IMGP2269.jpg

Then I moved on to fitting the OEM shroud and lens.
IMGP2271.jpg

Hmmm....I see a problem.
IMGP2272.jpg

More cutting!
IMGP2274.jpg

I also had to trim the OEM shroud.
IMGP2297.jpg

IMGP2299.jpg

Since it was spring and it was warming up, I could test fit them on the car.
IMGP2280.jpg

IMGP2281.jpg

I will use some thin lexan that I can heat and mold to the solenoid to cover them once the retro is finally done.

Spring/Summer 2011

It was time to dive into the body work.
I picked up a lower rad support from an ECM Link member.
IMGP2033.jpg

A buddy of mine locally had a less rust hatch then mine.
IMGP2103.jpg

I pulled the side skirt off.
IMGP2115.jpg

And found this on the driver side.
IMGP2116.jpg

Not as bad as I feared. Time to cut!
IMGP2119.jpg

Patches in place and seam sealed.
IMGP2146.jpg

Painted and rocker guard.
IMGP2230.jpg

The trunk.
IMGP2138.jpg

IMGP2143.jpg

IMGP2142.jpg

IMGP2144.jpg

IMGP2151.jpg

IMGP2150.jpg

The passenger side was done too but I didn't take pictures.

Time for the rad support.
No wonder my motor mount broke!
IMGP2232.jpg

Old one chopped out.
IMGP2230.jpg

New hotness!
IMGP2237.jpg

I also shaved the new hatch of the spoiler holes.
IMGP2240.jpg

IMGP2239.jpg

The year before I picked up a 97 Talon bumper from a friend. The paint was rough but I'd have to repaint it anyhow. The thing that bugged me most was the Eagle emblem was shaved! I couldn't have that.
After repeated picking at it with a screw driver.
IMGP2337.jpg

I then decided to bust out the DA, I was told I wouldn't be able to rock the emblem and I was determined to prove people wrong.
IMGP2346.jpg

IMGP2345.jpg

Emblem recess uncovered.
IMGP2347.jpg

I gave it a quick crappy rattle can paint job and put it on the car. I'm going to have it professionally done next spring.
2011-09-18113343.jpg

I then pulled my IM to change the gasket and plug the EGR hole.
IMGP2286.jpg

IMGP2288.jpg

Installed an EGR block off plate.
IMGP2284.jpg

Then put the whole mess back on. I swore to never touch this again then I went and bought a JMF SMIM :( FML. Here I am putting the damned thing on again.
IMGP2289.jpg

I traded a set our stock mirrors with a guy in Germany to get me some EDM mirrors.
IMGP2335.jpg

Fall/Winter 2011

Getting almost completely up to date now.
I decided I wanted to rewire my Talon to suit my needs.
First I pulled the harnesses out of the car.
All tagged.
160_1623.jpg

Engine harness out.
102_1646.jpg

Chassis harness out.
2011-09-18111201.jpg

Looks cleaner already.
2011-09-18111209.jpg

I'm doing my tuck quite a bit more complex then most people usually would. I've deleted things people don't normally delete and I'm incorporating my aftermarket accessories into my OEM fuse box. The harness itself will be completely modular, I'm using Deutsch connectors and a ICC Cannon Plug at the fire wall. Any and all new wire will be mil-spec copper wire, all splices will receive 3:1 dual wall adhesive heat shrink and the whole thing will be wrapped in Flexo F6 Braided Sleeve.

Here's a list of all the things I've removed from my harness:
Everything AC related.
Everything ABS related
Cruise Control
Fuel Pressure Solenoid
EGR Control Solenoid
Brake fluid level switch
Theft Alarm Horn
EVAP Solenoid
Front and rear O2 Sensors (I have a wideband and via ECM Link I can simulate narrow band functions)
Fog Lights
Oil Pressure Gauge (dash one, replaced by an aftermarket)
Hood Switch
MAF connector (leave the wires needed for IAT sensor for Speed Density)
Fuel Pump Check Connector
Engine Speed Detection Connector
Ignition Timing Check Connector
OEM Fans

I'm moving the follow plugs/devices to the interior:
Ignition Power Transistor
Engine Fuse Box (mounted where the passenger air bag use to be)
Fuel Injector Resistor Box
Wiper Motor Connector
Front Chassis Harness Connector
Transistor

The Reverse light connector will be moved to the chassis harness.

I'm adding a bunch of systems to the Fuse Box for a few different reasons but the main one is cleanliness, everything will be in one location. Systems that are being added to the car are:
Gauges
SD
Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering from the MR2
Meth Injection (not sure if I'll get it done but the wiring will be there and ready to go)
Manual Trans Cooler (Again not sure if it will be done but the willing will be in place)
Fans For Oil & Trans Coolers
Electric Water Pump

Here's some of the pieces I've gathered for these additions:
EHPS Pump and Res (not sure if I will keep the OEM res or have one made).
IMGP1164.jpg

Electronics for the EHPS, missing the steering sensor as the person I bought it from sent me the wrong piece.
IMGP2680.jpg

Rack fittings for the EHPS conversion.
IMGP2655.jpg

Speed Density Sensors (AEM 5 BAR MAP and GM IAT) along with my JMF Race SMIM.
IMGP2662.jpg

Davies Craig Electric Water Pump.
IMGP2658.jpg

In comparison to my 16G.
IMGP2659.jpg

IMGP2660.jpg

Great work so far, glad to see another canadian dsm saved from the rust plague. i recently cut the whole rad support off my car, it was almost about to rip apart as yours. good luck with the build :thumb:

Once I got the harness home it was time to strip off the old loom and tape.
Engine harness on the bench.
IMGP2543.jpg

Day 1 of stripping the chassis harness, I made it to the DRL/Headlight relays (might move those inside).
IMGP2549.jpg

IMGP2550.jpg

Removing the loom around the fuse box.
IMGP2551.jpg

IMGP2552.jpg

Keeping notes is a very good thing to do.
IMGP2621.jpg

IMGP2587.jpg

Chassis harness all stripped down.
IMGP2607.jpg

Here's all the junk I removed.
IMGP2609.jpg

2011-10-07140921.jpg

Remember how I said I didn't like how I had the S2000 cluster electronics laid out.
Pulling the messy dash harness again.
IMGP2608.jpg

On the bench.
IMGP2610.jpg

All the S2000 electronics removed.
IMGP2611.jpg

Here's the fuse box as it sits now with all the OEM stuff removed.
IMGP2592.jpg

As I said in my last post, I'm using all Deutsch connectors. Here's my collection so far :)
IMGP2653.jpg

F6 Flexo Braided Sleeving, Hot Knife, 3:1 Adhesive wall heat shrink, Scotch Super 33 Electrical Tape (This stuff is the shit!).
IMGP2617.jpg

Started crimping pins on the fuse box harness. A nice automatic wire stripper makes this super easy, I picked up a Klein Tools one.
IMGP2664.jpg

Quick mock up in it's new home, I have to build a mount for it.
IMGP2663.jpg

I'm also going to be running a cannon plug on the firewall, 1 connection to remove when pulling the motor vs many. I bought the kit from Chasebay's but I'm sure if you spent some time looking at a catalog from Deutsch or Glenair you could get one for much cheaper.
IMGP2667.jpg

IMGP2668.jpg

IMGP2669.jpg

I followed Eric (turbosax) DIY on changing my HVAC control over to LEDs, just using a simple LED Strip. I also pulled the AC switch and put in a plastic plug to block the hole.
IMGP2223.jpg

Here's some parts that are just sitting around for now.
All the LEDs to do my various conversions. I've got 1200 Phillips Lumiled in Amber (turn signals, some of the interior lights), Over 700 Phillips Lumiled in Red-Orange for my brake lights, 1 tube of Nichia Super White LEDs for dome lights and license plate lights plus the copper clad board for etching all my own PCBs.
IMGP2677.jpg

I also picked up a pair of auto leveling motors. Most new cars with HIDs have these, I'm going to see about possibly retrofitting them into my Talon.
IMGP2678.jpg

Dec 9 2011

Here's some updates on some recent projects.
I bought a Carbon Fiber overlay kit on eBay to wrap a couple things.
First I did my center gauge pod since it's nice and flat, still needs more resin and sanding.
IMGP2714.jpg

Second is I did my door boxes, they came out alright but there are raised up in a couple areas so I need to get some new ones and redo them.
IMGP2715.jpg

I was out at my parents last weekend to pick up my DD. I wanted to get some work done but by the time I got there it was dark and by the time I woke up on Sunday I had a couple hours before I had to go to work. I did get more of the sound deadening mat pulled off the fire wall though. I need to get the actual tar off and I'm not sure how to do that without dry ice.

I hooked up the soda blaster and cleaned out the paint on the bottom of my tail light center section, this is in preparation for my LED tail light conversion. I still need to take off the old Nite Shades on it.
IMGP2723.jpg

I also mocked up where I want the Cannon plug to come through for the engine harness. Hopefully I can start on this over the Christmas break. Pull the heater core if I have to, drill the fire wall and start shortening the harness.
The location may change from this but it will be in that general area, nice and hidden from view.
IMGP2721.jpg

IMGP2722.jpg

I also test fitted my EHPS ECU and driver under the panel that all the ABS stuff goes, located in the passenger foot well. It will all fit here and I'll have to run 3 wires out to the pump; power, ground and sensor.
Nothing is mounted in this picture but I'm gonna work on that this week.
IMGP2719.jpg

IMGP2720.jpg

Last update for now, I started working on my gauge cluster bezel for the S2000 cluster.
I picked up a glue gun and cheap t-shirt at Micheal's. I then cut the shirt and glued it to the bezel.
IMGP2716.jpg

IMGP2717.jpg

I traced the outline of the S2000 cluster on to the shirt and then I coated the shirt with fiberglass resin.
IMGP2724.jpg

Once it was hard I cut it out. That's when I decided to do something else. I've fallen out of love with my A pillar pod. I feel it's kind of a younger/boy racer mod, draws attention and is a bit of a blind spot. So I decided to make some gauge pods in the bezel. Little bit of 2" ABS pipe, some Popsicle sticks and hot glue and they wire mocked up. I need to start laying some fiberglass now. My boost gauge and wideband will live here, the AEM Volt and Prosport gauge are for mock up.
IMGP2726.jpg

IMGP2727.jpg

IMGP2728.jpg

IMGP2729.jpg

IMGP2730.jpg

I bought another chassis harness so I can extend all the wires that I will be extending with the correct colors. Hopefully it will be here before Christmas.
Next things to order are more wiring stuff (Deutsch shells and pins, braided sleeve, heat shrink, Mil-Spec ETFE wire in various gauges, through panel battery cable connectors, etc). Hopefully I can get the bulk of the chassis harness done over my Christmas break from school and then it's just a matter of wrapping it up with the braided sleeve.

I also threw my old cheapie Chinese branded soldering iron into the garbage and replaced it with a Weller WP35 Soldering Iron (Catalog No. WP35 Product Detail). This will now become my field iron for working in driveway, garage or just quick jobs.
After Christmas I'm picking up a Weller WESD51 which will be used for circuit work.

Till next time!

I love your work. You're doing everything I dream of doing :D Just little differences like placement and such. I personally don't really like the s2k cluster, but there's a few others that would look amazing in there too!

Keep up the good work man!

Thanks man.
The S2000 cluster is a love/hate thing for most people.

I worked on the dash harness a bit today but no real updates to share yet.

Looking good! I love how thoroughly you explain and show how you do your mods wish everyone went to the length you do. kudos to you!
Oh and how much you pay for your lifters? and where you get them, I'd like to redo mine. Maybe you could give me a ball park figure? thanks man!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back