The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

95eclipser's 1999 GSX - Street/Track Build - 2009-Present

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well this Sunday was an exciting and fun experience. I took the car out west to Front Royal to meet up with a guy named JD. JD runs a local Youtube channel called JDjoyridetv. We did a some in car filming, rolling shots, and pictures of the car. He is going to put a video together in the next couple weeks and post it on his channel. Im looking forward to how this video will turn out.

Before filming though we needed to rescue his GT500 that went into Limp mode about a mile from his house.

Also I have another awesome update. The Carbonetics hatch will be shipping out in two weeks.

Pics.

On are way out to meet JD.
IMG_1144.JPG

The 900HP Limp Mode GT500
IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

Cooling off before the we start filming.
IMG_1147.JPG

Final Location of the day.
IMG_1151.JPG

Random
IMG_1153.JPG

Last edited:
Are you doing the oem hatch? Please post pics once you get it. Really thinking of buying but wondering how fitment and removing and installing the glass will be

ok please let me know how the whole process goes i am thinking of purchasing the CSL hatch in carbon as well.
Thanks

My buddy final finished the video of my DSM this week and posted it on Saturday. So far the car has been really well received. I have posted the link below if you would like to check it out!

Last edited:
Good video! But the exhaust is nice sounding not droney! Not compared to mine at least LOL

I appreciate that. I think he did a good job editing and putting it together. I really want a Thermal exhaust next time i find one used. LOL
they are heavy though dude, get one built yourself!

I got family in Richmond and have been and drived around there a few times while on vacation, never see and DSM's on the streets anymore anywhere really

Got my bump steer kit in this week from Bobby. Looks great!
IMG_1285.JPG

And I decided to drive the car to work today. Even though it was already 80 degrees this morning and no AC, I really enjoyed the drive. 15mins or so.
I really need to drive this car more...
IMG_1290.JPG

No one needs AC LOL, nah i take that back, when i first drove in FL i was like nah no AC for me in my Camaro!! 1 mins down the road and i had to use it! It was much needed with that heat!

So not really a DSM related update. Still waiting on my hatch but looks like it may have been picked up by the freight carrier, so only time will tell.

But I decided to give my attention to my 2012 Ram 1500 that I'v been using as my daily for the last year. Unfortunately, in 2012. Ram decided to make that the cutoff year for the 4th Gen Ram, and start introducing new styling changes on the 2013+. Most of those changes revolve around the Exterior and interior. (Please see below)

2013 Changes.
Main Exterior:
Grill
Grill Emblem (Now comes in black)
Hood (Sport hood and package introduced)
Bumper
Headlights (LEDs, DRL, Black out housings, HID etc)
Fog Lights.

Main Interior (Most 2013 interior options wont work on the 2012 due to Cambus)
Cluster
Radio
Radio Bezel
shifter
Heated and cooled seats. Etc

I could not stand my Chrome Dual bulb headlights. They were fine at first, but the more I drove around the more "sport package" Rams I would see on the road, with the blacked out headlights. I decided I wanted that option as well. I looked into it a little more and I found a company called RetroShop that made a PNP harness to convert any 2012 headlights to 2013+. I ordered the harness and a set of TYC factory headlights. It all came in this week, so I spent about 2 hours Tuesday night doing the install. I also blacked out my Ram emblem on my grill.

Emblem Painted Black.
IMG_1372.JPG

Retroshop harness.
IMG_1382.JPG

Removing my factory headlights. You can see the chrome look here.
IMG_1388.JPG

New headlights installed.
IMG_1390.JPG

Testing out the blinkers and running lights.
IMG_1392.PNG

Final Pics. Much better look!
IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

Not to hijack your thread, but people asking about the CSL hatch see below.

I had planned on going with FAL speedglass but seeing as it's discontinued I had a local glass shop swap my oem glass and put in spacers so I wouldn't have to buy new oem molding. As far as fit, mine along with a few others were made with the bolt holes all being smaller than oem. Sergio confirmed it was a new hire mistake and was addressed moving forward. Other than that it bolted up no problem and looks badass.

Attachments

• 20170702_120929.jpg
    20170702_120929.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 67
Not to hijack your thread, but people asking about the CSL hatch see below.

I had planned on going with FAL speedglass but seeing as it's discontinued I had a local glass shop swap my oem glass and put in spacers so I wouldn't have to buy new oem molding. As far as fit, mine along with a few others were made with the bolt holes all being smaller than oem. Sergio confirmed it was a new hire mistake and was addressed moving forward. Other than that it bolted up no problem and looks badass.

Its small because he does not seem to make the moulds correctly! He takes a mound directly from the part! But thats not how a mould is made, it has to be moulded and then the mould taken from that mould to get the right size! Its common with him and his fitment issues being too small on almost all parts he makes,

Im having a shop make me a mould for my racing hoods but they explained the process and its a long one to get right, a mould of the part then a mould from the mould and then the part from the 2nd mould LOL

Last edited:
I will be doing a full review of my hatch when I receive it.

My review will cover all major interactions with Carbonetics.
-Initial Order inquiry
-Order and deposit
-Order updates
-Order completion and pickup
-Shipment delivery
-Quality inspection
-Installation (using OEM glass)
-Final thoughts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back