The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

95eclipser's 1999 GSX - Street/Track Build - 2009-Present

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update 6/3/17

Here are the results from the paint work.

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

Update 6/5/17

The car is pretty much ready for boxerfest this weekend. I spent a little time Sunday morning washing the car, and putting the headlights and bumper on. I think everything came out perfect. Artisan AutoBody did a great job. Very pleased to be working with them again.

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

I also pulled the door panels and removed the horrible sounding "kicker" speakers, and re-installed some spare infinity ones I had laying around. I have to admit the infinity sounds system is very impressive for a factory option. Also my buddy Phil came over and reinstalled my double dine and fixed the wiring issues I was having. It is such a relief when everything works in your car.

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

Last edited:
I have that vent, im mounding it into a new hood thats being moulded up for me, so it will be an all in 1 unit for my use when racing and can replace it easier if needed

I have that vent, im mounding it into a new hood thats being moulded up for me, so it will be an all in 1 unit for my use when racing and can replace it easier if needed

I like the way they look molded into carbon hoods as well. Unfortunately I'm going to be securing mine with Bolts, and nuts tonight. Just need to get the position of it set just right before i drive my first hole.
Maybe in the future I will mold it in. But I also want the Carbo.netics AB hood as well. Still waiting on my CSL hatch to be completed.

Damn you to hell. You and your nice car.

HAHA Thank you!

Ahh ok, I've seen that one. I really don't want to pay that much for it though :(

Ya I understand. I thought the same way, but Iv been saving for a while to redo my entire front end and I pulled the trigger all at once. the Fiberglass one wouldn't work on my carbon hood.
Once my CSL hatch is in Im done with the car for a bit. Minus installing my suspension stuff iv been hording.

95eclipser your 2G is gonna look so slick, I'm extremely jealous. Love the reverse vent :applause:

Thanks for the kind words man! Im hoping I line it up just right. I like how the reverse vent looks and hoping it really helps with under hood temps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words man! Im hoping I line it up just right. I like how the reverse vent looks and hoping it really helps with under hood temps.

If I saw correctly dsmcrzy has the same vent on his Eclipse so he might be able to chime in. I've been lusting over this vent since I saw it on RRE's website back in 2002, I'm finally to a point where I can actually use it. I'm thinking more along the lines of the 13x10 as opposed to the 18x10, but if I can save some $$$ I'd rather go fiberglass. They used to advertise the fiberglass versions on their site, but if they will still make them to order I remember them being almost $100 less than the CF versions.

Yea I went with the fiberglass 13x10 as that's all they had in stock at the time. I cut it in half and added about 2". So mine is like 15x10. Molded to a VIS carbon fiber hood I picked up for dirt cheap.

I love it. Does a great job just from looking at coolant temps.

IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2054.JPG

Is the vent reversible? My current hood is really crappy and I plan to get a cf in the near future, but I'd still like to install this. Thanks.

Is the vent reversible? My current hood is really crappy and I plan to get a cf in the near future, but I'd still like to install this. Thanks.

Its called reversible because of how we install it on our cars. to Vent air installed of capture it.

Very nice! You have a very good looking 2g! Makes me want to get another one!

Thank you Boostdawd. I am very partial to 2Gs you should definitely join the club again.

dsmcrazy.

I see your vent placement would put your opening right above the valve cover behind the turbo area?

I would think that would be a great spot to pull the hot air off the front area as more air flows through the front.

Its called reversible because of how we install it on our cars. to Vent air installed of capture it.

Thank you Boostdawd. I am very partial to 2Gs you should definitely join the club again.
I was referring to being to able to remove it and install it on the another hood in the future.

dsmcrazy.

I see your vent placement would put your opening right above the valve cover behind the turbo area?

I would think that would be a great spot to pull the hot air off the front area as more air flows through the front.

Correct when I look into the bay through the hood, I look right at my manifold and can see the valve cover just a little. There is a whole carbontrix thread on here that discussed the placement a little. that's basically what I based mine off. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Well I installed mine last night. Started at about 6pm and finished around 8:20pm. A good 2.5 hours as i stopped and cleaned up my area twice before finishing.

**Tools Used**
-Painter tape
-Level
-Dremel w/standard cutting wheels
-Permanent marker
-Drill and multiple size drill bits
-leaf blower

**Hardware**
-SS Allen head bolts
-SS washer
-SS Nylon Locking nut

Here are the final results. I like the overall location of the vent, but the pictures make me feel like I am a little high compared to the hump in the hood. In person I felt as though it looked closer, which it probably does. Im sure it is just the angle of the camera throwing me off.

Regardless of the position, this vent has a clear shot at the manifold and radiator. And a decent amount of surface area to pull the heat out of.
IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back