The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

95 talon tsi. HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankykingjr

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 14, 2012
Beach, Virginia
The only thing I did dif. was change my "oil" and change "oem intake" out for a "Injen Intake" Before I did this, the car was running fine. When it idles, sorta idles little rough, but around 1grand, 750,800 But when I rev it, let off the gas, car goes way low on idle, as if it's going to die, but it don't'. But if I drive it, around 100 feet it like sputters, and feels as if the gas pedals just stops working "which it don't" just feels that way, and car dies, blows black smoke as well. But when I fire it back up, and put it in reverse same damn thing happens,but black smoke seems worse, and smell of gas when higher rpms. But it'll stay running idling all day long, and can rev it up while idling, hold brake in,just throw it in drive, while in higher rpms and car will die again, and smell gas.
so the only thing i really messed with, took off that I'm thinking is the "maf
no leaks, clamps are tight etc.

Are you recirculating your Blow off Valve with the new pipe? were you before you switched pipes? I've seen some people have issues and some are fine.. its weird. your car is running extremely rich that's what causes the black smoke. My BOV is venting to atmosphere and when I let off the gas too fast it will die because the car thinks there is more air going to the engine than there actually is.

Frankie you failed to mention that your maf plug is pretty much "on top" of your fuse box.

Attachments

• received_m_mid_1409354731904_6d951824f68942f048_0.jpeg
    received_m_mid_1409354731904_6d951824f68942f048_0.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 107
You more than likely forgot to plug something back in or bumped something during installation and didn't notice. Triple check fittings and tug on lines to make sure everything's where it was. Use a flashlight and poke your head in there to get a good look around.

+1 on it being a big vacuum/boost leak.

I second 3rd and what ever about a vacuum line. Intake is not gonna need a tune but when something is installed incorrectly now that can cause a problem.

Your seeing black smoke because your running pig rich...which would mean you have a vacuum leak somewhere. +4 to vacuum/boost leak

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back