The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

95 RWD Mighty Max 4g63 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVOTRUCK

Probationary Member
Jan 19, 2015
Falling Waters, West_Virginia
So I hate being a newbie on a forum because no takes you seriously but my project is really starting to come along so I thought I would share as well as ask a few questions.
First this is a swap of a 6bolt engine/7bolt head into a 1995 mighty max 5 speed which has a 4g64 wideblock. I already have a 1989 4g63 n/a mighty max narrowblock transmission freshly rebuilt waiting to be hooked to my donor car engine.
My donor car is a 1991 Galant VR-4 #275 (i'm only take out the engine and ecu/wiring harness, this car is waiting for a minor restore and a crate motor and standalone combo)
First question is since the truck is a 95 but the wiring harness is from a 91 would it be easier to use a 95/96 harness?
The main reason I want to use the vr-4 harness and wiring is because that car is going to have a standalone wired in with a wire tuck, and the ecu has a dsm chip ecu stage 1(not sold any more) setup for a 16g which is what I'll be running on the truck. This is not a race car build but a weekend warrior project; I simply plan to have fun with this little truck and am not planning to break the bank or any records. This is my winter project which is piecing together a rwd 4g63 turbo powered truck. I'll be posting pictures soon.

how is the build coming along Im looking at doing the same thing can you post some pics of it. this will be my first build of this nature

thanks im a newbie to the dsm and this is my 1st project like this. its kool because theres lots of info for then 4g63 and 4g63t swap

Id like some help or info too, im looking into swapping a 63 head from a 7 bolt into my 94 mighty max,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back