The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I posted this on my FB account thought I'd throw it up here. New TRE trans all installed and its running great, just waiting for the snow to melt. Haven't had the car able to move under it's own power in January for a couple years now, feels pretty good. Backed it out of the garage in order to back it in to change rear end fluid, nice to be able to do LOL

View attachment 323276
Whered you get that hood bro ? its sexy as hell

Got timing set and idle down to where it's supposed to be, bout 900. Also I was lucky enough and grabbed a set of Evo x BBS wheels too, I've always liked these wheels but they can prove to be hard to find. Very happy with the purchase tho they're in awesome shape.

Last edited:
Made a small piece so my bumper won't melt on those long pulls. It's made out 1/16th aluminum I had laying around as it's very easy to file and cut. I used a fine pitched blade in my jig saw and it cut though like butter. I'm happy with the results, as I wasn't sure I was gonna like it. I knew what I was looking for in my head but I'm not the greatest artist and knew I'd have trouble drawing what I was thinking in my head. Well I managed to get something I was happy with after many tries. I was going to get it done on a water jet but I'm just too damn impatient for that LOL and worked with what I had.

I also used 1/32" gortex gasket material I had laying around so this should insulate the hotness from my bumper. Gortex material has a very high temp rating and will work perfect for my application.

AADA0506-92F8-44AA-B7B0-5E8882F808A2_zpsf6agmt5e.jpg

C5473C1C-A1D7-403D-B5A7-2C534A3F03A4_zpshgd5ijon.jpg

8B630AE1-F572-4942-B773-D35A0D4C3967_zps1xk57x4c.jpg

Attachments

• A03E23AB-3841-4D15-B82E-52BD17F552D4_zpsnjggbpjq.jpg
    A03E23AB-3841-4D15-B82E-52BD17F552D4_zpsnjggbpjq.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I also used this http://www.g2usa.com/ and let me tell you I'm very impressed with the results. I purchased new brembo high heat decals and proceeded to redo my calipers red. They'd been resently PC black (not by me) so the finish on the calipers were good and the paint layed down real nice. After the 24 hour cure time you'd be hard pressed to not know these were just powder coated red. For 50 bucks and a couple hours of work to get these results works for me LOL. Very impressed with this product!!

E6A3AF36-1E2A-4536-A7AB-B340D61EC3BA_zps94clna4y.jpg

Attachments

• 6608E653-F36A-41D3-A806-6E3F0B3E3F20_zpszekiufs2.png
    6608E653-F36A-41D3-A806-6E3F0B3E3F20_zpszekiufs2.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I used the brush that comes in the kit, I was going to spray it but there's only 4 ounes of paint and I didn't want to run out. I put two coats on each caliper and painted the entire caliper front and back too. I had a small amount of paint left after I was done.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think the same

Love this

So clean

Is this a show car

So bit of an update regarding my trans cooler setup. Welded the fittings and moved the suction point from the drain plug to the spot you see in the picture also drilled and taped for my temp sensor.

View attachment 322644

For the trans pump's outlet hose attached to the top of the trans, is that where a bolt with a ball on the end of it normally goes?? I ddnt know you could use that for pumping oil into the trans. There's another spot closer to the bell housing with the exact same bolt that I thought you could use but thought maybe the bolts were there for a reason. Can you shed some light on this? Are these ok to use for your trans pump outlet?

For the trans pump's outlet hose attached to the top of the trans, is that where a bolt with a ball on the end of it normally goes?? I ddnt know you could use that for pumping oil into the trans. There's another spot closer to the bell housing with the exact same bolt that I thought you could use but thought maybe the bolts were there for a reason. Can you shed some light on this? Are these ok to use for your trans pump outlet?
I wouldnt

Could you talk about how you installed this? If the plate is closed then how does any exhaust flow through this? Thanks.

So look at the down pipe, you can see where the v band attaches to my O2 housing from my turbo disharge and then splits and one path goes out my normal exhaust system and other goes to the QTP valve. So when it's closed I'm running through my full exhaust and when it's open I essentially am running duel 3" off my O2 housing to alleaviate any back pressure issues and piss off my neighbors LOL

image_zpsbnme2slj.jpg

Last edited:

Um man I'm not sure just what you're referring to. I didn't remove any bolts, I drilled a hole and welded a -8an aluminum fitting in place (threaded it at first), you can see in the build thread. It discharges on top of the 3-4 shift fork. First I had it threaded but before I sent it to Jon @ TRE I welded them in both suction and discharge fittings. Hope you're grasping what I'm saying. My goal with the lubricator/cooler is to get filtered cooled gear oil to the top of 3rd and 4th gear, It's not the end-all cure but I'm hoping it can buy me some time and I now have a temp sensor which will be nice to monitor trans temps.

Last edited:
Is this a show car

f***ing show car LOL LOL ......that made me laugh. No man it's just usually broke so much I can keep it pretty clean and actually I never had it in any car show before. Maybe my first this summer. I'm not a show car kinda guy, more track guy usually but I always seem to break it there LOL

Thanks tho :thumb:

So you work in O&G too? I had to get a oil service hose company to fab me up an A/C line. Finally just had enough. Third hotside line in a row that has gone out. It keeps pulling out back behind the intake manifold. So we used the same connections you used. But I made it a bit too long so I'll have to go get him to shorten it up at some point. Although I used straight high pressure hose like on a rig haha .... 4000psi or bust.

Running "tucked" a/c in these cars is just such a pain in the ass.

Yes I'm a millwright @ the Irving oil refinery here in Saint John NB. Whatever works, we use a lot of swaglok here and they seem to hold up well to what we put them through. 3000psi H2S compressor service is pretty nasty.

Um man I'm not sure just what you're referring to. I didn't remove any bolts, I drilled a hole and welded a -8an aluminum fitting in place (threaded it at first), you can see in the build thread. It discharges on top of the 3-4 shift fork. First I had it threaded but before I sent it to Jon @ TRE I welded them in both suction and discharge fittings. Hope you're grasping what I'm saying. My goal with the lubricator/cooler is to get filtered cooled gear oil to the top of 3rd and 4th gear, It's not the end-all cure but I'm hoping it can buy me some time and I now have a temp sensor which will be nice to monitor trans temps.

Yeah I ddnt explain what I'm talking about too well. I thought your fittings were using existing tapped points on the transmission. Only asking since my transmission is out of the car and I happen to have a Tilton oil pump... I'll probably end up using the drain/fill points for the in/out of the pump. Wish it was easier to get cool oil to the 3rd/4th gears butnits better than nothing. Love the build man. Good luck to you!

Yeah I ddnt explain what I'm talking about too well. I thought your fittings were using existing tapped points on the transmission. Only asking since my transmission is out of the car and I happen to have a Tilton oil pump... I'll probably end up using the drain/fill points for the in/out of the pump. Wish it was easier to get cool oil to the 3rd/4th gears butnits better than nothing. Love the build man. Good luck to you!
Thanks man!!

If you have the trans out now it's not too bad to pull it apart just enough to get the case off. You can leave the rest of the trans together as you just need the case to weld the fitting on to. I've see a couple guys do what you're describing and that would work for cooling the oil if you did use that pump and a cooler, up to yourself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back